A Normal Day

(The Woman Called Fujiko ref, Part 2 ref, and possibly more than I don't recall)

The casino's neon fluorescent lights beamed bright against the cool night sky. The streets were bustling with people in suits and ties, and cars with their bright headlights. Guards at the casino entrance eye the yellow Mercedes Benz SSK who's been pulled up at the front of the establishment for quite some time.

"Ohhh the city that never sleeps.."
Jigen quietly says to himself, removing the cig from his mouth to let out some smoke. The gunman smiles back at the henchmen with a flirty wave before returning his cig to his mouth, muttering to himself. "They have nooooo idea who I'm waiting for."

Jigen rolls up his sleeve to check his watch, tapping the clock impatiently. "Tch. She's a minute behind schedule."

Abruptly, the casino doors burst open by a man clearly dressed in drag.

She wore tacky pink heals that matched her even tackier pink dress. Her long sleeved gloves that barely hid the arm hair as she held her gold and pink clutch. Her bright pink hair band completed the composed outfit well with her short blonde fro. However, her neck was strung with an abundance of cheap party necklaces and her face was imprinted by red lipstick and handprints— not of which her own. It was anyone's guess that she had too much fun.

She gave up a giggle as she stumbled herself silly towards the car, drunk off her peppiness. It gave the gunman a sigh in second hand embarrassment.

Of course, the pleasant disguise was Lupin.

Jigen plays the gentleman role by opening the door for her from the inside. She plops down onto the leather red seats with a happy hum and shuts the door. Jigen gives another friendly wave goodbye at the guards, then quickly pulls the car out. After making a swift U-turn on the temporarily empty street, they speed off straight away.

"You're late." Jigen comments as he drives.

"Ahhhaha—sorry!" Lupin chuckles as he takes off his pearl earrings. "I was just having too much fun!"

In a flash of rip n' tear, the mask, wigs, dress, and all tore off in a jiffy. Out was Lupin's daring smile lipstick-free, grey pants, a red jacket, and the golden tie. "Why? Didja miss me?"

"'Course not; I was having fun of my own." Jigen retaliates sarcastically, thinking about the guards who were staring him down. "So, now what?"

Lupin checks his watch, looking at the second hand ticking by in anticipation. "Give it one more minute."

The thief whips out his phone to check a gps app. The red glowing dot on the screen was them with a bunch of other indescribable information.

"Keep straight, and drive faster will ya?"

Jigen complies by weaving through the car-crowded street and stepping on the gas.

A revving sound fill their and a gust of wind suddenly picks up. Jigen bends the rear view movie towards the sky.

Two helicopters were flying overhead.

"They're on to us." Jigen warns, bending the mirror back to its place. Lupin turns and looks up.

"Relax. They're not in the way."
Lupin sneers. "And they don't belong to the casino."
It's that familiar face that peers out a helicopter door holding a giant megaphone.

"LUUUPIIIIIN!" Zenigata yells, loud and clear.
"YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!"

"Good to see you too Pops!" Lupin gives a happy wave to before refocusing on the road ahead.