There's No Thrill Without You (L x Z)

It's not the first time for Lupin and Zenigata to be bounded together by hand cuffs. The two wound up chained by the wrists once more, yet in a unnatural situation.

The large man toss the two in a cold prison cell with the full moon illuminating it from the outdoors. The thief and inspector stumble inside, hearing the banging sound of the shutting prison door.

"I wouldn't leave this cell if I were you," the bulky man in black threatens. "This place may not seem like it, but there's traps off all kinds for the likes of you two idiots."

"Tch!"
Lupin whips his head around stares up at the man in the shadows with a rather serious face, knowing how his determined beady eyes meets the cold gaze hiding behind blacked out sunglasses.

Though he meant to slowly get up, he's nearly yanked back onto his knees as the inspector clings onto the cells door.

"This is outrageous!" The ICPO chief officer yells. "I am part of ICPO and demand to be let out instantly!"

Lupin can see out of the corner of his eye the brief shimmer of his Walther in the enemies hands. A beat of sweat slips down the side of his face as he stays silent with heightened nerves.

"How do you deal with such a man, Lupin? So much chatter." The mans asks as he fiddles with the ominous gun.

"I have a name ya'know!" The inspector continues bickering loudly. "It's Zenigata, Inspector Zenigata! And I demand to be let out of this cell this instance!"

"Does he ever shut up?"

Lupin gulps, hearing the clicks of his Walther in someone else's hand, then seeing the end of the pistol coming out of the shadows, pointing straight towards the inspectors heart. Another beat of sweat drips from his face.

The thief knew he had to move.

"Tch. How annoying."
The man says, his dark raspy voice echoing through the old prison as the pistol fires.

The fire echos even louder down the abandoned prison hallway, howling a thundering sound that silenced everyone inside. To the villains misfortune, the bullet did not hit his intended target. But it pierced someone much greater to his liking.

"Lupin?" Zenigata can only mutter as the thief finds himself in front of the Inspector, his hands on the old mans shoulders, with a bullet in his back.

Lupin held a shocked expression with a nervous grin, his face dripping with sweat. He nervously pants, his eyes shimmering in the moonlight as it meets Zenigatas.

"L-Lupin!" The inspector exclaims again.
The blow makes the thief collapse into the inspector, making Zenigata stumble backwards and fall on his bum with his upper back against the cobblestone wall. Zenigata slides down slightly as he stares at the quiet thief buried in his chest.

For once, he finally fell silent from his constant yelling. Now he can barely raise up from a whisper.

"Lupin?" He repeats, shaking the fella on top of him.

Yet the body was limp and immobile.

"...Hmmph." The man with the gun says, opening it so that the bullets could full out.

"He had no morals for the likes of me when were partners," the man mutters sarcastically as he puts the gun away. "But for his greatest enemy—or rather, greatest nuisance—he'd put his life on the line for?"