Desires (L x G)

(Questioning of religion/religious beliefs)

What is desire?

Is it nature— something that is a necessity of us?

Or have we outgrown that, always wanting more,
Becoming selfish?

Lupins teeth chatters as he and his lone samurai walk around the icy edges of a snowy mountain, heading steeply downward.

Although Lupin wore mitts, a large puffy grey jacket over his per usual teal jacket, gold tie, and black outfit, Lupin still hugged himself with his own two arms, shivering from the snow blowing around them.

On the other hand, Goemon wears no more than a handmade scarf and socks. Otherwise, his attire is as normal as it would be for a devoted samurai.

"Are you sure that monk gave us the right d-d-directions?" Lupin hollers through the bitter wind. 

"It should be just up ahead.
I've passed this path countless of times."
Goemon yells back in response.

Grunting, Lupin continues walking down the slippery icy slope, hoping the next turn will be their temporary home.

Luckily for him, a shady abandoned wooden house was indeed waiting around the corner that declined off the mountain, just before the spruce woods.

The roof was covered with snow and every wooden panel board seemed to have a story of its own: being riddled with chips and scratches. The glass windows were clearly iced shut.

Lupin ecstatically hopped up the sturdy wood stairs up to the porch, breaking and entering his new home, with Goemon following not far behind.

Upon entering was an open space, the ceiling showing its might two beams and the angled roof, the sky windows covered with snow. All that sits in what seems to be just a singular room is a fireplace, spare firewood, a table, a couple of chairs with unfolded blankets on them, and a small green worn out rug.

"Well isn't this cozy?"
Lupin mutters sarcastically, looking around the tiny home whilst approaching the fireplace.

Goemon shuts the door and glances outside from one of the windows, somewhat paranoid they may have been followed until realizing no one is crazy enough to do so other than people they already know.

Goemon watches as Lupin tosses logs of firewood into the fire place, setting one of them aflame with his lighter. The thief stands up and dusts off his hands, then looks back at the samurai with a smile.

"Warm up samurai!"
Lupin says with an enthusiastic smile.

"Thank you, but the heat is unnecessary for me." Goemon kindly declines, finding a corner of the house closes to a window as his new area of meditation.

Lupin frowns to his dismay.

"You're so stubborn," he mumbles before giving up, sitting himself down onto the green rug in front of fireplace.

The two already agreed to staying at the home for the night. However, considering it was only noon, it left the two a lot of time to do absolutely nothing.

...

Time ticked by slowly for Lupin.

Out of boredom he did many random things like a child would: count the bricks of the fireplace, fiddle with a rubix cube he had in his coat, toying with a gadget he's been fixing up on, etc.