Part Of The Plan (L x J)

(lowkey competitive dominance ngl, Lupin zero minor references)

The castle of one of the finest wine sellers on the planet was throwing a masked party for the owners' beloved daughters' birthday. They invited every dangerous, famous, and important figure on their phone contact list, somehow including Goemon, who guards the angelic birthday girl.

Unfortunately, that contact list did not include Lupin the Third. So, with that in mind, the plan made was quite simple.

Jigen and Lupin would disguise, infiltrate, and get what Lupins after, in addition of various jewels and cash that's stashed about. It would suck to run into Goemon on the job, considering the thief and samurai would be rivals, but the gunman is not too much concerned.

It was just a dumb get-together with overpriced wine, snacks, and cake for a most likely unhappy b-day woman.

That's all it was to Jigen.

It was a bit to Jigens' surprise when his partner in crime grabbed him by the hips and pulled him close. Their foreheads nearly bonked into each other as they squeeze themselves between brides of oversized dresses inspired by the late 1700s.

The thief leans his cheek against the gunmans, his lips close to an ear.

"Care to dance?" Lupin mutters flirtatiously under a top hat. Jigen frowns under his own.

"Isn't that your line to the wine princess over there?" Jigen cocks his head to the lady at the second story inside balcony with a samurai by her side.

"With Goemon up there?
Yeah right. Different plan.
C'mere."

Lupin presses one white-gloved hand against Jigens lower back and runs it up the gunmans spine. He smirks as his other hand takes a grasp of Jigens hand.

"I don't remember the last time I waltzed."
Jigen mumbles nervously, thankful that his white gloves was catching his sweat, though he is not sure why he is nervous over a heist bit in the first place.

"Don't worry," Lupin says with a glint in his eye. Underneath Jigens hat, the gunman stays focused.

"Just follow my lead."

The two swoon around the room with the other partners waltzing as the music carries the mood.

Everyone in the party were no longer their respective roles of businesspersons, CEO's or producers; they were dancers now, waltzing in unison.

Jigen couldn't help glancing down at his footing, hoping to not miss a step. Yet Lupin lets go of Jigens hand momentarily to grab the gunmans chin, lifting it up slightly.

The action silently saying to keep the gunman's eyes on him.

Jigen wish he could enjoy this little dance, but then again he rather not. They're here with their own plan.

After all, it's not him who needs swooning, but the birthday girl. It obvious by the get-go that Lupin had some liking to the beautiful daughter of the wine castle. As the thief always ends up having for the woman around in distress. As if getting some treasure alone wasn't enough.

It's a habit that ticks the gunman off.

"Tch." Jigen tsks with gritted teeth.
Though he follows Lupin, his mind is elsewhere.

"Something funny?"
Lupin utters in question, as the music flows with the dancers.

"You," Jigen murmurs.
"...are still a brat."