Beauty (J x G)

(Long and ugly, music follows the read)

"May I join you?"

Goemon nearly spilled his tea from how sudden he stopped himself from taking another sip. He lowers his cup, looking across the wooden chabudai of his temporary home.

"Join me?"

Jigen munches on his mac, glancing out at the small yard of dewy grass, maple trees, overgrown weeds, and dancing dragonflies.

"Why not?" Jigen asks as he eats his burger. He glances back at Goemon. "Isn't most of your training just traveling anyways?"

"I... assume so." Goemon quietly answers,
looking down at his green tea.

"Would it be a hassle for me to join you?" Jigen asks.

"...There will be an abundant amount of hiking." Goemon argues.

"I need the exercise." Jigen responds.

"You would be going the highest of heights
and darkest of depths." Goemon argues.

"I mean, if ya need any gear,
I know where to get some." Jigen shrugs.

"You'll be experiencing all kinds of weather changes, from snow to the suns boiling heat." Goemon seconds.

"I got clothes for that." Jigen returns.

Goemon tenses.
"Are you really sure about this, Jigen?"

Jigens brows furrow.
"What, you don't want me to go with you?"

Throughout the entire interrogation, Goemon was leaning forward, nearly across the entire table, trying to see the truth of Jigens eyes, which were hidden under the shadow of his fedora.

Goemon sits back onto the tatami floor, puzzled.

"What makes you want to train with me?"

"I'm not training, just ...tagging along."
Jigen answers dismissively. 

The question still hangs in the air as Jigen finishes his food.

"Y'know,"
the marksman starts, swallowing his last bite.

"I always lived in cities and towns, all my life.
Even when I'm on the run, the only times I've found myself camping in the middle of friggin' nowhere is with you guys."

His hand takes a french fry and fiddles it into a dressing of some sort.

"But that lifestyle was following Lupin and his thrills. After a while, I guess I wanna acquire some new tastes, see things from ...a different perspective."

Jigen munches down the fry.
Then he takes his soda, lowering his head to draw the straw closer to his lips.

"There's always change happening, isn't there?" Jigen mumbles quietly, as if he was talking to himself, though Goemon can hear him.

"Might as well give big changes a shot,
starting with Japan itself, mm?"

"...Hmm." Goemon hums in interest of the explanation before taking a sip of his tea. He quickly finishes the tiny cup and puts it back on the table.

To Jigens surprise, Goemon gives a small prideful smile. A rare sight to see.

"Then with Japan, I will show you the beauty you have been missing."

=uwu=

-