Adieu (L x F)

(Lupin x Fujiko cuz I don't see that often enough)

"Ugh, I can't believe this!" Fujiko exclaims in disgust, putting on a surgical gloves fitting for her nurse outfit.

"Fuuuuujikoooo—!" Lupin draws out happily before getting pinched in the hand. He pouts in pain, shaking his hurt hand that is chained to his hospital bed.

"Shhh!" Fujiko hushes.
"I'm just your common nurse. I can't believe you wanted to request me of all nurses to force feed you."

"Do I call you cutie instead?" Lupin insists with a toothy grin, though it is somewhat off putting with half his head wrapped in bandages. Fujiko makes a dismissive frown whilst holding a spoon of hospital mash potatoes up.

"Ms. Mine (mee-naye) will work just fine."

"Okay, Ms. Lady Mine~" Lupin responds with a chuckle and a matching goofy smile. He then closes his eyes and drop his jaw, saying aaaaaahh.

Fujiko abruptly shoves the food in his mouth, making him gulp it down than any time to chew.

"So," she starts as she continues comically shoveling Lupin food, her smile returning back to her face. "How was your surgery?"

"Successful!" Lupin says enthusiastically between his bites. "These cuffs are really annoying though. Think you can take them off of me?"

Fujiko laughs. "Sorry Lupin, but that's not what I'm here for."

She helps Lupin with a glass of water, which he gulps the entire glass down. Fujiko then goes to give another spoonful of but Lupin raises his hairy hands up and shakes his head.

"I'm good." He states. Fujikos brows furrow.

"But you only had a few bites!" Fujiko insists.

"Sorry! I guess I loose my appetite quickly." He apologizes with a smile, but something about his smile felt unreal to Fujiko.

"Hmmph..." With a frown, Fujiko gets up already and puts the food on her cart. She begins seeing herself and the cart out, but Lupins voice stops her.

"Wait!" Lupin calls out. Fujiko turns by her heal.

"Yes?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"That depends, what is your favor?"

"Can you open the curtains for me?" Lupin asks, pointing his finger towards the drawn curtains.

With a sigh, Fujiko walks over with the clicking of her heels, opening up the curtains to the city scape and a sun setting behind the afar buildings, making the sky glow a red-orange that boldly paints the plain hospital room. 

"Better?" Fujiko asks, looking back at Lupin.

Lupin smiles back, but this time, she knew for sure the smile was forced.

The same type of smile that Goemon and Jigen described before, when Lupin is bothered by something.

"Yes," he answers grinning.
"Thank you, Nurse Mine."

...

"I don't like this!"
Fujiko says Jigen on the otherwise of landline phone, playing with the spiral phone cord around her fingers.
"I know patients are suppose to not feel like themselves after open-heart surgery. But it sucks when Lupin is not Lupin!"

"Quit complainin'," Jigen says on the other line.
"He saved your life, so now you owe him one."

He takes a drag out of his cigarette and breathes out the smoke. Fujiko can practically smell the smoke through the phone. Yet she already figured Jigens smoking more out of nerves, after all he was the one to kill the shooter and had to make the decision of getting Lupin taken to a hospital whilst not getting himself caught or Lupin in the wrong hands. They were lucky and unlucky enough for Zenigata to be in the scene. The stress in Lupin gang is bad, seeing someone undefeated be shot down so quick and willingly.