You're Sick (L/J/G)

(That one sick episode that always happen except I don't write the heist cuz that'll take a while)

"Yup, just as I suspected," Jigen says.

"What?" Lupin inquires.

"You're sick."

"What!?" Lupin yelps. "Gimmie that!"

Lupin leans over and snatches the thermometer from Jigens hand, giving his spring mattress some bounce as he brings the thermometer close to his feverish face.

"No way, are you serious?" He complains to himself, the hand holding the thermometer then balling into a frustrated fist as Lupin sniffles.

"We have a heist today! I even sent the warning letter in advance... How the hell did I get sick on the day of the freakin' job?"

"Beats me man," Jigen shrugs. "It's not like you can stop bacteria like that anyway."

"No! Way!" Lupin tosses the bedsheets off him and starts to climb out of his bed, yet Jigen jumps ahead of him, taking Lupins forearms and pushing him back.

"Nuh uh, I'm not letting you go out!" Jigen states through gritted teeth as Lupin struggles to break free. "Relax man, we can wait out a day or two! It's never too late!"

"No way!" Lupin argues back. "I said I was gonna rob that damn jewel necklace, so that's what I'm gonna do!"

"Friggen' hell, you feel so weak..." Jigen mutters to himself, winning the fight of pushing Lupin back to bed.

"A runny nose or sore throat ain't that bad! I'm fine!" Lupin bickers.

"Yeah well a fever and being this feeble ain't gonna cut the job Lupin. You barely take care of yourself with food and water as it is. Just give yourself some rest!" Jigen argues back.

"Never!" Lupin yelps before tearing his arms out of Jigens grasp. He quickly dodges Jigen pouncing onto him, hearing the gunman land on the bed with an 'oomf' as he zooms his way out of the tiny bedroom. Nearly breaking down the door, he finds himself face to face with a samurai.

"Don't tell me you're still doing the heist in your condition?" Goemon asks, opening a sliver of his eye at the sick theif.

"You too!?" Lupin asks apalled. "Screw you guys! I don't need your pity or care! It's just some cold or something, no big deal! Let's just get on with heist today, we're nearly behind schedule."

Lupin walks past Goemon and marches down the stairs of his hideout, trying to play it cool. Though he feels lightheaded, a tad weak, and the stuffiness of his nose, he refuses to let any sickly drowsiness get the best of him.

He refuses to call a sick day, not Lupin the Third.

Jigen steps out the room and glances at Goemon as Lupin bitterly rummages around downstairs with preparations of later today.

"You couldn't have stopped him?" Jigen asks, looking over at the samurai.

"What difference does it make?" Goemon asks back.
"Let us just go," he suggests, "and keep an eye on Lupin."

Jigen sighs in disappointment. "I'd rather not, but it seems like we don't have a choice, do we?"

...one fruitful heist later...

"Ohhh Lupiiiin!" Fujiko coos happily from speed boat loaded with all kinds of items, including a beautiful large gemstone necklace sitting atop her breasts.