One Good Shot (J x G)

"When's the last time you used a bow and arrow?" Jigen asks.

"A heist with you, Lupin, and Fujiko decades ago." Goemon mumbles back, bow in hand.

"Tch, don't make us sound so old." Jigen retaliates.

Goemon pulls back the arrow upon the string, aiming at the target stand. After a moment of hesitation, he lets the arrow dash across the air.
The arrow pierces through the target, just off the red-beat center.

Goemon sighs in disappointment, his arms falling yet his fist tensing in frustration. His mind gets startled by Jigens arm placement on his shoulder.

"Don't sweat it," Jigen says lazily.
"You have three days, that's plenty of time.
You're a samurai after all."

The gentle afternoon breeze upon the golden fields and dry forests from the bluish mountains afar made the fedora fiddle yet not fail to hide Jigens glare.

Goemon side eyes him with a snort of his nose, as if he doesn't believe the gunslinger. Jigen gets off him as Goemon raises his bow and spare arrow once more, aiming.

The samurai makes his shot.

...

Days pass as with every arrow.
Jigen and Lupin sit in a yellow Fiat not too far away. Lupin lights a cigarette in the shot gun seat as Jigen watches Goemon make yet another shot not quite in the middle.

It is the third day, middle of the night.

"He's overthinking the shot isn't he?"
Lupin mutters.

"Yup." Jigen sighs with his arm dangling out the car window.

"You should talk to him."
Lupin says with his smoke, puffing out a grey cloud.

Jigen furrows his brows and looks over to the thief.
"Me?" He says in question. "Why me?"

"It'd be hypocritical if it were me." Lupin says with a small scoff. "Only you know an over thinker when you see one."

"You guys are just obvious."
Jigen explains, looking longingly back out at the samurai picking arrows off the over-beaten target.

Lupin brings his cigarette to his lips again with a softer tone of voice. "Besides, you guys seem a bit closer nowadays."

"Don't make yourself sound jealous."
Jigen grumbles back.

Smoke shoots out from Lupins nose as Jigen watches the disappointed warrior shoot his shots.

"Well go on," Lupin says more clearly.
Jigen looks back at Lupin, who flicks his wrist for the gunslinger to get out.

"Tell him off. Teach him a trick or two.
Maybe let him use your baby once in a while."

"My gun? Tch," Jigen slams the car door behind him, complying to the thief's request. "As if."

Jigen walks away with a gas lantern,
hearing Lupin giggling in the car behind him.

The gunman travels off the dirt road and into the yellow bush, trying not to trip over gopher holes and tangled strands of dry grass.