Moments Like These (J x G)

Goemon exits the bathroom with a towel around his waist, though its apparent he's already wearing his fundoshi anyways. He has a separate white towel upon his head, dampening from the water held in his silky black hair.

The samurai quietly shuts the bathroom door and makes his way through the tight hall way of stacked boxes.

He arrives to a quiet living room illuminated by the dim moonlight shining through the glass patio door to their balcony. He can see Lupin sleeping soundly on their couch with lipstick-marked kisses all over his face.
It seems as though Fujiko left for the night, as the thief was tucked.

"Tch!"

Goemon turns his head to the sound coming from the singular bedroom. Though the door was closed, a light comes from its outlined door frame and under it.

While drying his hair, Goemon walks over to the bedroom door and creeks it open a tad.
He glances over to see Lupins desk where the lamp is on, except it was Jigen who was hunched over.

The samurai gently opens the door and cautiously creeps over. The closer he gets, the more information is given.

Jigen has what looks like cloth on the desk. Not just any cloth, but the top of the samurais kimono.

Upon closer sneaking inspection from just behind the gunman, Goemon realizes Jigen was sewing.

"You sew?" Goemon quietly asks into Jigens ear.

"WAH!"
Jigen jolts up, startled by Goemons sudden closeness from behind. Then he lets go of whatever he was holding, shaking around his hand before putting his index finger in his mouth.

"Jeez Goemon! Don't sneak up on me like that!"
Jigen scowls. Goemon stares without much of an emotional cue, but anyone in the gang would know he felt somewhat sorry.

Jigen checks his finger, seeing he pricked it with the needle upon surprise. Grunting, he opens a drawer and pulls out a bandaid. Goemon grabs the hand holding it.

"Wait, allow me." Goemon states.

Jigen blinks from under his hat while Goemon takes the bandaid, and then kneels down in front of him. The samurai takes the gunmans hand with the bleeding finger and makes sure to properly put the bandaid around it where the sticky parts have no wrinkles.

"What were you doing, sewing my kimono?" Goemon asks as he smooths out the small bandaid.

"Well, it was cut. And it's not like we had any spare kimonos for you." Jigen says. He retracts his hand, taking a small glimpse at the bandaid before returning back to work. "Thanks."

Goemon stands up but leans over to be beside Jigen, studying the cloth. It's uncomfortable, Jigen feeling the water dripping from Goemons hair onto his shoulder, yet he puts up with it as he carefully weaves the cloth with a lone string and needle.

"I didn't know you can sew." Goemon says.

"Yeah? You have a problem with that?"
Jigen asks defensively. He's been told before it's a rather feminine thing to know how to sew, as if it was a bad thing. The gunman rather cut the bullshit with others if some let some stupid stereotypes get in the way of convenient knowledge.

But he doubted the samurai more than once before, as he does so again.

"Can you teach me?"

To Jigens surprise, he stops sewing and looks over. Goemons face was inches apart from his own, the sharp eyes staring with curiosity and determination to learn. Perhaps it was the blind driven ambition, the closeness, or how Goemon glows after taking a shower, but something about the samurai made Jigens face warm.

"You really want to learn?
Cuz I don't teach this kinda thing for free."

"I'll do dishes for a month." Goemon offers.

Knowing you, you could probably learn how to sew in three days flat, Jigen thought to himself.

That sort of 'steal' is just cruel.

How else can he...repay...

"..Heh." Jigen makes a warm smile to himself, his face growing closer to the samurais.

Goemon frowns confused. "What? Is that a yes?"

Jigen leans in and gives Goemon a kiss.
The samurai freezes confounded, his cheeks quickly burning up. Yet he shuts his eyes and kiss back. A quick spark of passion, experimentation, and curiosity.

After all, it's not the first time for the two to do such a thing.

They don't pair themselves nor comment about their occasional alone time that becomes just as intimate. Perhaps it is the mystery of having no label or discussion that makes their unique relationship so freeing; no exclusivity, no expectation, no exploitation.

Just time to fill and fluttering emotions to work with.

Jigen pulls away and Goemon opens his eyes, still holding an astonished shimmering gaze with a red hot face. The look of the samurai makes Jigen smile even more.

"I'm just messin' with you."
Jigen says before getting up.

"Here."

He gestures the needle and cloth towards Goemon. Awkwardly, the blushing warrior sits down as the gunman leans his arm on his shoulder.

The gunman begins pointing out how to do it and lets Goemon give it a try, only needing to correct him once or twice. Jigen grins to see the samurai picking up the skill so quickly, and enjoying the pattern of weaving. He then teaches how to finish and tie the knot on such sewing projects.

Jigen stands up proudly as Goemon holds up his kimono to see the cut that was there was seamlessly stitched back to normal. Goemon stares intently, the desk lamp enlightening the starry look on his eyes.

Jigens grin grew wider, almost in a giddy fashion.

He couldn't help it;
it was little moments like these where he can truly cherish someone as deadly, ambitious, and yet warm and curious as a Japanese samurai.

"A warrior of many talents aye?" Jigen says, bumping his elbow against the samurais shoulder.

Goemon glances up at him.
"Thank you, Jigen."

"Not a problem. Just wash the damn dishes tomorrow and have a goodnight." Jigen pats Goemons shoulder and heads over to the bed.

"You're off to bed?" Goemons asks.

"Yeah, have a good night." Jigen says.

"..."

"... what?"

"... may I join you?"

————————————
Word count: 1034