TRASH: Off To Find Revenge (L/J/G)

(New mini series called TRASH, where I put the left over oneshots I barely finished/revised— not my best work but I have nothing to loose putting it out there!)

It was past midnight, yet the New York subway stations were operational despite its unearthly kenopsia.

A samurai sits upon a concrete bench within the dimly lit underground subway platform. A train flies by, fiddling his hair with the wind.

The tiled walls were chipped with time and tagged graffiti painted the concrete pillars all around standing around the emptiness.

Suddenly, a loud blaring horn sounds down the dark, black tunnel, signaling its arrival.

The samurai stands. His black hair blasts from the wind, whipping around as the subway windows illuminate a faint yellow glow. The subway train soon slows its roll up to a final halt.

The speaker of a half asleep attendant says of the time and next destination as the doors wush open.

Goemon pauses at the doorway, glancing around under his sandogosa if he were being followed.

Then, Goemon steps right in.

The cart seemed so lonesome and empty. It's to his surprise, since it's 'the city that never sleeps'.

All but one other person, other than himself, was within the cart, propped onto one of the orange n' cream themed seats.

A gunman.

"Hey, Goemon."
Jigen lazily salutes only his middle and index finger, his other arm resting on top of the chair, and his legs comfortably crossed.

Goemon is stoic as usual.
"You're here too?"

The gunman grins.
"Heh, fancy seeing you here, of all places."

The doors slide shut and the train juts forward. The gunman sways and Goemon is quick to grab the metal ceiling handle bar with his free hand. It's clear on Goemons face that a city is not a samurais place.

"To you as well."
Goemon grumbles as he composes himself.

"Take a seat, no point in standing."
Jigen suggests as he whips out a lighter and cigarette.

Reluctantly, Goemon takes Jigen upon the suggestion, slowly making his way. The samurai takes a seat across the gunman.

"Are you allowed to smoke here?" Goemon asks.

"No. But there's no one around to say otherwise." Jigen answers, closing his old silver lighter and taking a puff of nicotine.

"So what brings you to the big city?"

"A letter." Goemon responds.

"From Lupin?" Jigen clarifies.

"Did you get one as well?" Goemon returns back.

Jigen grins again, a mischievous one, smoke shoots out of his nostrils.
"Perhaps."

"Hmm. You seem excited."
Goemon notes as his body sways with the train.

"Giddy even." Jigen sarcastically mutters with a half chuckle. "It's been over a year since I've seen him, let alone you. Then out of the blue, he has something for the all of us."

"Yes. It's rather peculiar." Goemon follows, glancing at Jigens roughened shoes. "Even on media, Lupin is silent."

"You're on the media?" Though Jigens hat blocks it, Goemon knows he's raising a brow.