Lucky (J x G)

"Hehee~"

Goemon turns around to see Jigen toying with a house cat, wearing the most ominous smile.

Whilst Lupin was busy being within the ceiling of yet another enlarged house, trying turn off all the traps within the velvet rug hallways, Goemon and Jigen were tasked to simply wait.

The samurai stared at the mysterious gunman smiling warmly at the friendly pet, who sprawls on the ground for a belly rub. The gentle face masked with a shadow made a peculiar contrast in Goemons mind.

"Don't get distracted now." Goemon whispers.

"It's just a cat, relax," Jigen replies.
"Besides, I'm doing us a favor by making sure it doesn't go down that hallway."

"I believe that cat must of known that already, considering it lives here."
Goemon remarks before returning his gaze to the towering golden doors at the end of the hall, awaiting for Lupins signal.

Sure enough, one of the doors open with Lupin peering out, holding a thumbs up.

"Jigen," Goemon says to get the gunmans usual attention. Yet he only turns to the gunman petting the cat relentlessly.

"Jigen." He repeats more harshly.

"Huh? Oh." Jigen springs to his feet.

The gunman dashes after the samurai, sprinting across the hall. To their surprise, the two of them can hear the pitter patter of the kitty's paws running up behind them. They continue to run once caught up with Lupin, who begins skedaddling along side them.

"Jigen, there's a pussy at your heels."
Lupin observantly notices.

"Noted." Jigen says through his running pants.

The three come to a slow halt to a obscenely comically large golden vault door awaiting for Lupin to break through.

"What a way to hide something important."
Goemon comments sarcastically, finding its extravagant look too noticeable and enticing for any thief.

The thief chuckles mischievously as he takes our a pair of stethoscope, his hand ready to fiddle with the dial.

"That depends what you're after, Goemon dearest." He says with a grin.

"You see, this special vault has a multitude of combinations for a multitude of treasures.
Today, though, we're only after the biggest one!"

As Lupin tinkers with the spin dial, Goemon glances over to see the gunman once more hunched over on the ground, petting the house cat, wearing a friendly grin.

I didn't know someone so called 'cool and mysterious' can wear such an expression,
Goemon thinks to himself.

Has he have no dignity,
or has he become too easily distracted
by the desire to... pet a cat?

Hmm...

..There is no denial though,
Goemon continued thinking with a crease of brows and embarrassed cheeks.

That smile of his...

...looks very nice on him.

"Bingo!"

The gang turn to see Lupin happily taking off his stethoscope and stepping out of the way of the slowly swinging door. Goemon and Jigen too move out of the way, with the cat in Jigens hand.

Inside were golden shelves filled to the brink of money. Not just any hard cash, but the most expensive currency in the world. Just one Dinar was four US dollars, making the cash more than enough for all of them to live, gamble, and get away with other endeavors comfortably. The dollars were printed in greens and reds; shining in the thief's eyes despite the treasure outlooks being out of paper.