No Hard Feelings (L x J)

Jigen points his magnum towards the target.

His first shot fires, piercing its right lung. The shadow target dashes, making Jigens ear piece scream for him to go after it.

The gunman pursues the target into a dark corner of a dead-end.

Jigen turns on a small spare flashlight and puts it in his mouth to point ahead of himself, carefully creeping into the alley way, hearing the faint drip of a water drain onto a puddle as well as the heaving of a person.

He quickly points at his target once brought into the light.

It was an old man with a large poofy grey beard. He simply looked old and non-threatening, wearing nothing more than slacks, a sweater, heavy jacket, and a cap. Yet the person paying to hunt him down says he is otherwise.

"Don't think! Just shoot!"
The ear piece screams desperately. Jigen shrugs it off as desperation from a client to get rid of a toxic bug, nothing new in his industry.

The gunman points his gun towards the old mans head. He was given supposed history of the man, giving him reason not to hesitate. Jigen momentarily watched the old man heave his lasting breathes, practically gurgling his own blood.

But Jigen becomes puzzled.

There was no blood coming from the clothes, let alone the old mans mouth.

"Ji..Jigen..."

Jigen was left on a rattled pause, immediately recognizing the tired, faltering voice.

The old man struggles to sit up against the wall. Then he tears off his face, turning out to just be a flimsy mask.

It was Lupin.

The thief wore a foolish grin though his face was growing rather pale and sweaty.

"It's a good costume if you couldn't recognize me from afar, aye... heh?"

Jigens eyes glared from under the shadow of his fedora. His hands began to shake as he lowered his gun and stared in disbelief.

"L..Lupin?"

He can hear the man on the ear piece curse and scramble at wherever location he was in, knowing he's screwed for certain, yet Jigen couldn't care. It was himself that felt like an idiot.

For once, he dropped his everlasting partner and dashed to the other one.

The gun and flash light dropped onto the cobble stone floor as Jigen ran to Lupins side. He quickly got on his knees and ripped apart the rest of the costume, trying to find where the wound was.

"Relax, it's no hard feelings Jigen, it's fine."
Lupin mutters.

No.

His heart races, yet not as fast as his brain, trying to count the amount of times this scenario played out for him.

How he and his own magnum would end up killing partners whether deservingly or out of self defense. The note was always bad, his luck always turning for the worst.
How they all left, and then how they all ended.

Yet he thought Lupin had to be different.

No, no!

"Jigen... it's fine.. Jigen..."

Jigen tore open Lupins shirt, finding the gushing bullet wounds. He then frantically looked around himself for something, anything, to wrap around Lupins torso in order to stop the bleeding. Jigen quickly took off his jacket and began pressing onto the wound.