Justice To Your Memories (L x Z)

Lupins first memory back stung his face, literally.

It was a slap that left a handprint on his cheek. But it wasn't familiar per se: It was hard and strong, like a rock. A callused hand. So hard his neck grew sore from the whiplash of it.

Dazed, Lupin stared at the ground beside him panting.

"LUUUPIIIN!"
That familiar scream was inches away from his face. Lupin quickly snaps his head back to see what's in front of him.

It was none other than Inspector Zenigata holding Lupin in the air, ready for slap game round 2. The inspector swings his arm.

Lupin stared with wide eyes. He quickly reacts with shaky hands. 
"Wait waiT WAIT!"

Zenigata stared back.
The inspectors hand halts immediately, centimeters away from Lupins face with great control.

The two stared at each other, one with anger and the other, confused.

Lupin smiles nervously.
"Old mannnn. What made you so angry?"

Zenigata glares silently, only blinking once, before his anger rises again. "This is YOUR FAULT!"

Lupin glances around: a shore line, a sandy beach, a wild forest behind it, and the ocean reflecting the gradient pink sky.

"What a lovely coastal area." Lupin comments brightly.

It only makes Zenigata aggressively shake him.
"WE'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!"

"Wonder why!" Lupin continues with his usual grin, still glancing around his surroundings.

"Oh you know why!" Zenigata yelps.

"I don't." Lupin says.

"Oh yeah you do! Don't try to play dumb with me!"

"No, I really don't."

"I—YOU—w-wait really?"

"Not a clue." Lupin looks up at the birds in the sky.
"What island is this? It's clearly part of the Caribbean for its clear waters."

"I—how am I suppose to know!?" Zenigata says.
"You're the one who put us here!"

I did?

Lupin grimaces in thought, yet he can't remember a thing. He's not usually forgetful, so he suspects someone is toying them. Or just him.

I just don't know who, or why.

Zenigata glares as Lupin stares off in serious thought. "H-Hey, look at me!"

Lupin glances at Zenigata and returns his normal grin, like a mask.

"Okay Pops, new plan!"
Lupin slips out of his red jacket and lands himself on the sandy beach. He begins walking uphill, studying the trees of the island.

"We'll camp out and see what we can find. Then figure out a way to get outta here." Lupin begins to walk ahead, but a tug at his wrist stops him.

"Ugh Zenigata. How am I suppose to put my jacket back on?" Lupin groans.

Zenigata puts the other end of his roped cuff on his wrist. "You won't! I must inspect your jacket anyhow."

Lupin reluctantly sighs as the two make way into the forest.

...

The fire crackles in the dead of night. It provides heat and a good stove for fish to eat.