Lupin Plays With Fire 1/3 (L x J)

(Lupin x Jigen, and Goemon x Fujiko cuz why not, but its mostly the gang and a heist gone wrong!

Request from MoonStruck001 )

Jigen hop-scotches over the rocks just by the sea shore and quickly hides behind a large rock formation.

He holds his hat against his head with one hand and his magnum in the other.

Through the echoing sounds of waves clashing against the rock he hides behind, he listens for the foot steps that were once following.

"Lupin?" He calls out for.

All he hears are the distant machine gun shots from the isolated building hidden in plan sight of an abnormal large rock formation, just a meter or so from the California beach shore, and the cold icy water splashing about. There were no sound footsteps for him to hear.

"L-Lupin?"

Before he could peak out from behind the cold dark rocky formation that he cowards behind, an eruption behind him ceases any usage of his senses.

He yells and automatically ducks and covers his head as a gust of wind, metal, and an unholy amount of heat scathe past him and his lone stone protection.

For a moment, the sky seemed bright as day when it was supposedly a bitter spring evening. The rock he leans against starts to heat up within the moment of the scowling winds, making him momentarily stand up a bit to move away.

Yet despite his position and naturally instinct to protect himself, there was only one frightening thought repeating in his mind.

Where's Lupin?

He was just following me, where is he?

Don't tell me... he was in there?

..He was.

He hears the aftermath of the explosion behind him, rocks and pieces of metal clashing into the waters and the beach not too far from him. He himself gets splashed by a large rock piece hitting the water beside him, too close for comfort as he becomes completely drenched in icy cold water. His shivering body tells him to run away in case he becomes the next target for an oncoming steaming piece of iron, but his heart refuses.

Lupin. Fujiko. Goemon. Zenigata.
Where... Where are they?

After taking a moment for the debris to fall, he quickly makes a U-turn to what once was a laboratory hidden in plain sight of a unique rock formation formed to be as tall as a cliff yet is completely detached from the mainland.

Except that rock formation was not even there anymore, all the was left was a steaming pile of rubble.

No.

Jigen sprints into action, running past the molten rocks and pieces of steal for somebody, anybody.

"Lupiiiiin? Fujikoooooo? Pops? Goeemoooon?"
He calls out. His cold sweat grows as there was no response.

"Lupiiiiiin!" He yells out more desperately, looking around panically with his magnum in hand as protection.

There's no way... they can't all be...

"Jigen?"

Jigen whips around, but is only faced with a wall of stone. Suddenly, the stone lifts itself off the ground. The stone, along with many other boulders, lift high and mighty in the sky, dripping with ocean water that glisten from the sun as it begins to break through the grey sky. Together, it forms into a glorious ginormous god-like hand.