The Troublesome Hanahaki Disease (L x J)

(Lupin x Jigen, angst dudes)

"To hell with you Lupin!"
Jigen snaps, slamming the door behind him angrily as he storms out of the hideout.

"Fine! I didn't like you anyway!" A muffled voice yells back from behind walls, the voice belonging to Lupin.

Jigen walks out the run down mansion and marches down the sidewalk to the parked yellow Fiat 500. He crawls in, slams the driver seat door shut, and turns on the car. After lighting himself another bent cigarette, he starts to drive.
He grits his teeth annoyingly with the cig tangling from his lips. He glances in the review mirror to see Lupins mansion get farther and farther away.

"Maybe I should team up with that chick after all. Get an opportunity to fix that thief's damn head of his."
Jigen mumbles to himself in thought, remembering the unfinished heist he and Lupin were yet to get back to.

"My head is perfectly screwed on, you old geezer." Lupin says angrily, slamming his fist on the rectangular piece of machinery that was connected to the Fiat's secret speaker system. The metal box gets dented inward from the slam, the metal pinching Lupins skin and leaving a bruise on that side of his hand. He glances at his bruised hand and sighs, letting it rest on his knee as his other hand leans against the arm chair.

"Tch."

That bastard... Lupin thinks to himself, leaning his face into the palm of his hand with a small patch on his cheek and white wrapping bandage partially around his head.

-

Just earlier, Jigen was patching Lupin up from a failed heist as an unknown lady thief intervened with their plans, other than Fujiko.
Lupin playfully flirted with Jigen as he somewhat always had, making them seem like a married couple that's sick of each other. Jigen pays no mind, assuming it's Lupin being Lupin: a flirtatious annoying genius. Yet Jigen definitely did not see it coming when Lupin leaned in tauntingly to give the gunman a kiss. Jigen froze with his hands hugging behind Lupins head as he just finished tying the loss wrapping bandages. Without being able to muster a word, Lupin takes Jigens fedora off and leans in to give a kiss.

For a moment, Jigen simply let him with a flustered face and shut eyes. As the kiss prolonged however, Jigens eyes shot up wide open and he proceeds to grab Lupins shoulders to forcefully pry him away. He shoves the thief's face away and immediately gets up, snatching his hat away from Lupin.

Jigen yell out some words in a fit of surprise and anger, some of which left a bitter taste in his mouth. Something about Lupin swinging both ways, how spontaneous Lupin is, and Lupins romantic history. Lupin bickers back just as thoroughly at Jigens love-life, or lack thereof, though it was obvious he seemed a bit butt-hurt of what Jigen has said. Confused and flustered, he calls quits to the heist and storms out.

-

"Lupin.." Jigen says in thought as he drives along the carved road against the mountain. Lupin, sitting in his armchair within the abandon mansion. Inquisitively, Lupin leans down with his elbows on his knees, listening in to his tapping device.

"Lupin..." Jigen says to himself again.
Then he gives a dry scoff, removing his cigarette with one hand to put it in the container filled with a bunch of bent done cigarettes. He returns his hand on the steering wheel with a grimace on his face.

"Tch... I could never feel that way for him. I should never."

Lupins black pupils grow small in shock yet stay glued to the machine, hearing only the sound of the car driving and Jigens voice.