I'll Be Waiting (L x Z)

A gun shot fires in the air,
and what was an aggressive than usual heist with a dangerous third party,
became a sight of terror in Lupins eyes.

He turns around without a bullet in his chest. As lightning flashes in the sky outside the building, it momentarily illuminates the inspectors face:

A face of shock.

P...pops...?

Lupin was quick to catch him, they duck the both of them for cover of sporadic gunfire. The villains and goons call out Lupins name with sinister intentions, yet Lupin pays no mind. It may partially be out of custom, or that his true enemy was bleeding out on his lap.

Lupin stares at Zenigatas sweaty face as it grows paper, the inspectors breath growing heavier. His mind is scrambled, trying to think of every way to get him and the ICPO heart throb through a building packed with goons and their ring leader.

"Go," Zenigata whispers.
Though it was thundering outside and inside, Zenigatas word was crisp in Lupins ears.
That is, not to his liking.

"We're gonna get you outta here.
I'm gonna get you outta here!"
Lupin says back, putting pressure on Zenigatas wound. Yet Zenigata grabs Lupins wrists and pry them away. Lupin can feel the old man hands shake.

"This is the one time I'm letting you get away, Lupin"
Zenigata whispers with a woozy face.
"I'll be fine, I'll chase you another day.
You just get rid of these guys for me though."

Lupin looks down, biting his bottom lip with uncertainty. What felt to be a mistake, he decides to trust the inspector. Propping Zenigata to sit up against what they were hiding behind, he places his Walter into Zenigatas brown coat.

"Just in case," Lupin mutters. Then he looks back at Zenigata. To his surprise, Zenigata was staring back with a drunk and sick look.

Yet all Lupin could do was give the sorriest fake smile he can muster, giving a playful peck on Zenigatas cheek, then running off.

"I promise I'll be back."
Lupin states before making an infamous run out of the building with gun fire following his trails. He glimpses back to see Zenigata waving with a warm look in his eyes, although he was shot.

While it was only within a glimpse, Lupin can read the inspectors lips from a mile away.

"I'll be waiting."

I'll be waiting.

Lupin gasps as if he just surfaced out of the depths of the sea, though the only thing he was in the depths of was his dreams.

Panting, he looks around confused at first, his eyes needing to adjust to the dark, only the moon dimly lighting the tiny out house. Sitting up, he looks around to the other futons squished beside his.

Catching his breath, he lets out a sigh. Lupin looks down at his lap where his hands sit limply. He stares at the creases, remembering how they were covered in blood countless times before; the amount of weapons, hands, faces, and wonders he held with them.

But all he can remember were the cuffs that were put on him time and time again. It felt weird to miss such a thing. To miss such a man.