Guilt (J x G)

(Ending of Part 5 references, cringe angst)

The evergreen forest sits in the chilling midnight air with the full moon illuminating the dusk. A clearing leads to a large golden field that looks muddy green in the darkness.

There, Jigens feet were planted on the floor, frozen in place. And so was Goemons.

Jigen stands calmly with a blade at his neck
and a broken ear-piece in his hand.

Goemon holds his sword near Jigens throat without any recollection as to why. He glances around and at himself.
In fact, all his clothes were worn out, bloodied, and torn without a memory to explain. Worst of all, before him was a friend glaring sternly from under his hat. The gunmans gaze seemed more sad than afraid, even though his life could've ended seconds ago of the gunman didn't reach into Goemons ear.

"Jigen?"
Goemon asks, eyes wide with confusion and concern.

Jigen remembers this look: the same traumatized expression of when Goemon did something he wholeheartedly regrets. The Zantetskun reflects the stars standing above them. The moon glints in Goemons pupils as he lowers his weapon.

Fear.

"What... did I do?"

"Ah... shit, okay. Uh..."
Jigen starts, trying to find the right words. As the gunman glances around in thought, Goemon takes a second to study him.

Jigens gun-wielding arm is down with a slash on its bicep, blood soaking the entire arm of the suit. Jigens left knee is also tied by a white cloth acting as a bandage. And lastly, Jigens tie is no where to be found. His shirt is left messily buttoned, showing the large bandaging wrapped around his torso.

Goemon couldn't help but stare.
He hesitantly points at the gunmans chest.

"Did... I do that?"

"Oh you did a lot." Jigen mutters dismissively, only to immediately regret it. He can see Goemons dignity for himself drop a couple stories.

"I—Look, just know nothing you did was your fault okay? You were kind controlled by this thing."

Jigen shows the crushed ear-piece in his hand.
"So what is the last thing you remember?"

Goemons eyes flutter.

"I was... sleeping. In the same room with you and Lupin. And then I woke up to a sound on the roof."
He recalls, staring at the ground in wonder.

"And then... I don't remember."

"Well, at least you remember all of that for the most part." Jigen sighs, littering the ear-piece parts, then putting his hands in his pockets.

Goemon gave him a look that asks for more information. Like what the hell he's been doing not being himself.

"What matters now is that Lupin is after that guy and the treasure we were planning to steal the day before you went haywire."

"How long was I..?" Goemon trails off.

"About two weeks. Could've ended the world but I guess the guy controlling you wasn't that ambitious."
Jigen jokes with a dry chuckle. Goemon only stared solemnly, not one to laugh at a half-assed joke that rings more truth than humor.

Jigen wasn't sure what to do, or what to say.
He knows Goemon wouldn't like any of it.

"Did I hurt Lupin too?"