Like You, Like Me (L x J)

(Sometime before Part 1)

Lupin sprints across the Italian rooftops, careful to not slip on any shingles and to tip toe on slanted roofs.

In the thief's arms was Jigen, the gunmans head bobbling with the shadow of his fedora as his bleeding body was closely held by his partner in crime. Every fleeting step of Lupins made Jigen jiggle.

"Trust me, I'm fine." Jigen mutters as Lupin races off the rooftops.

"Uh huh, yeah, okay, gunslinger with a gaping hole in his chest." Lupin sarcastically comments, his face filled with seriousness, sweat, stress.

But that was something Jigen didn't want to see. He knows Lupin as a thrill-seeker than a thief, as far as he can tell. A smile was more appealing to the gunman.

"It doesn't even hurt that bad. Just a stray bullet." Jigen says, then grunting in pain as Lupin made another huge leap.

"Agh—Where are you taking me anyways?
You didn't take the car."

"A doctor friend of mine." Lupin answers.
"He'll patch you up nicely.
Rather not be followed with the car and all."

"Tch— so you just left the car." Jigen snorts.
"Good luck seeing that thing again."

"Shut up." Lupin mutters out of breath.

"Your jacket is entering a purple era, heh."
Jigen jokes as parts of Lupins teal jacket was being soaked in his blood. His ways of lightening the mood only accounted for verifying his own head becoming lighter by the second.

"I said shut up!"

Just as Lupin leaps from one roof from another, the silent swift sound of a bullet flies by, barely scathing Lupins jacket.

"Shit." Lupin gasps.

"Sniper!" Jigen yelps.

Lupin quickly hides behind the chimney of the house, panting with his back up against the bricks. The roof was slanted, making Jigen nearly slip out of the thief's hands. Yet Lupin grabs a hold on the gunman tightly, almost desperately.

"Jigen?" Lupin whispers.

"I'm here." Jigen mutters back, shaking his head to get rid of its wooziness.

"Son of a bitch.." Lupin mutters, looking up at the night sky looking for a genius epiphany to get out of this pickle.

"I got this."
Jigen sits up with a magnum on his hand, pointing directly at a chimney of another house not too far away.

"Idiot!"
Lupin quickly grabs Jigens shoulder and pushes him down to duck, seeing a bullet fly by to where Jigens head just was.

"I said I can do it." Jigen mumbles uncomfortably.

"You're going to pass out at this rate."
Lupin says nervously. His eyes darting about, his fingers fidgeting—not allowing himself to hold still.

Jigen hates it.
He hates seeing Lupin so vulnerable and nervous. When the charisma is gone, it makes every situation seem more serious than fun. Jigen enjoys his fun, the fair share of thrills with the infamous thief. He doesn't see a bullet wound as a means for it to stop.

"I said, I got this."

Jigen quickly sits up again, and without missing a beat, takes his shot. The sound of his Smith & Wesson echos in the air.