Chapter 4-Into the Elemental Realm

Chapter 4

•Alex'sP.O.V•

"Alex, wake up! We're gonna be late!" 

My eyes opened lazily to my dad shaking me awake. I closed my eyes again and tried to go back to sleep. 

"Five more minutes." I mumbled. I heard him get up and walk toward the door. 

"Okay then, Firelight. I guess you don't wanna go enroll into a highschool for young elementals." He said. I quickly opened my eyes and bolted upright. 

"Why didn't you say that in the first place?" I asked tearing the bedsheets off my body.

"I did. You just went back to sleep." He shruged. 

"Oh, curse me and my love for sleep!" I mutter. "What time do we have to go?" 

"In about half an hour." 

"I'll be ready in ten minutes!" 

"Okay, then meet me downstairs when you are. I'll make a quick breakfast, then we leave for Arceus straight after." 

With that I rushed to my closet, picked out a red and black jacket, jeans and sneakers, and of coarse underwear, and ran into my bathroom. I turned on the water in the shower and, well, showered. After about five and a half minutes, I walked out, shook the water out of my hair, moisturized my skin and dressed up. I went to brush my hair in the mirror before realizing that it has about the same amount of pigment as a ripe tomato. Every single strand on my head turned red.. 

"Uh..." I stared at my reflection confused. "Is this a sign of my powers kicking in or something?" I questioned myself. 

"Alex, are you done yet?"  I heard my dad calling from outside the bathroom. 

"Yeah almost, I'll be downstairs in a minute." I replied. I turned back to my mirror. I shrugged off the colour of my hair and left the bathroom after brushing it. When I got to the bottom of the stairs I saw my dad holding a plate of eggs and bacon with a slice of toast on the side and some condiments. My favourite. 

"Ah, there you are. You finished?" Dad asked setting the plate of food down on the dining table.  

"Yeah. Just had to finish my hair." I replied. He looked at me with a raised eyebrow. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Nothing. Just come get your breakfast and eat." He said turning back to the stove. I shrugged and started eating ny breakfast, before washing my plate in the sink a minute later. 

"God, I didn't realize I raised a wolf." Dad chuckled. 

"Oh ha, ha, ha. Whatever. Can we go to Arceus now?" I asked eagerly. 

"Wow, you really want to learn how to use your power don't you?" He asked. 

"Of coarse I do!" I replied almost cutting him off. "Now can we please get going?" 

"Alright, alright. Just give me a second." He said adjusting his glasses. 

Dad then led me to his study. I shot him a very confused expression. He noticed and he took off his glasses and explained to me why we were in his library.

"I'm going to use a portal spell to get us to Arceus, and my library is where the spell is at its strongest." He explained. 

"Why the library?" I asked. 

"Because of the spell books that I specifically told you not to touch." He replied. 

"Those were spell books!?" I exclaimed.