Chapter 10-Out of the Fire

Chapter 10

•Alex's P.O.V•

My eyes slowly fluttered open, and the room I was in started to light up. The sun shone through an pope window at my side, its soft rays dancing on the surface of my skin. My head started to pound, but stopped after a while. I looked down at myself. My clothes were, different. I remember what I was wearing before; a black hoodie and shorts and a red shirt. Now I was wearing a bright red and orange jacket, black shirt and my dark blue jeans. The only thing that hasn't changed were my black and red sneakers sitting on the floor next to me.

I tried to shake the confusion out of my head and I looked around slowly, examining the large room I was in. I saw hospital beds, about a dozen of them, lined up against the wall. To the right of the room was a large cabinet and a table with an familiar, elegant-looking woman with bright green hair tied up in a neat bun. She seemed to be reading through some documents. Then she looked up and noticed me, and smiled warmly.

"Ah, you're finally up Mr Fier. And you're looking a lot less green." She said, her voice calm and soothing.

"Uh..." I looked around at the room; painted with a very light shade of green with vines and flowers painted all over the walls. There were little potted plants and flowers next to all the beds and on the lady's table, as well as on a few of the shelves and cabinets and next to the door.

"Where am I?" I asked weakly.

"Oh, this is the infirmary." The woman said. "You had quite the ride a few hours ago and passed out shortly after Koran brought you to the ground safely, but you should be feeling fine by now."

"Uh, yeah kinda." I muttered. "Wait... I know you. You were there, at the last trial."

"Yes, I'm nurse Evelyn Evergreen, the head nurse here at Arceus." She said with a welcoming smile. She got up from the table and came up to me. "So, how are you feeling?"

"Uh, I'm feeling... better, actually. How long was I unconscious for?" I asked.

"About an hour or so." Nurse Evergreen replied. "I was actually expecting my elixir to be in effect for at least another hour and a half, but I guess your body healed a lot faster than I thought it would."

"Elixir?"

"It's, kind of like a healing potion, it helps your body fight off a few minor diseases and curses, and even heal a few wounds if they're small scale."

"Oh, that's cool."

I looked down at my right hand. It was bandaged up, and so was my forehead. A single question appeared in my mind.

"What happened to me?" I asked.

"Well, I'm not entirely sure, but when I was called I saw about ten other kids who got injured by Azymondias." She let out a sigh. "That dragon, always getting the first years injured during his trial. But, after I tended to all the students, I saw you on top of Azzy's back."

"Wait, I actually rode on top of him? I thought that was just a dream."

"Not in the slightest. It was actually a pretty amazing sight, obviously not the only thing I've seen here that completely blew me away." She sniffed the flower in the table next to my bed. "Still, never in my ten years here at Arceus, both as a student and a nurse, have I ever seen anyone ride the king of dragons like a horse." She chuckled.

"That was just dumb luck. I don't know what happened that got me on the back of a fifty foot dragon while free falling at about a thousand feet." I said. She laughed.