Chapter 17-Class Conciousness

Chapter 17

•Alex's P.O.V•

I quickly sat up to the sound of my alarm clock. I tore the covers off and jumped out if bed, reaching to turn the beeping clock off. I then ran to my closet and grabbed the red and black jacket and jeans and threw them on my bed before reaching for my bright red sneakers at the foot of my bedside table. I grab a red shirt from my drawer and set it next to the rest of my uniform.

"Morning Alex."

I heard a tired yawn from Zielo behind me. He was sitting upright in his bed, stretching. He gave his head a little scratch before turning to me with tired eyes.

"Morning Zee." I said to him. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good." He replied tiredly getting out of bed. He rubbed his eyes. "What are you doing?"

"Getting ready for school." I replied. I then turned to my uniform and let out a breath. I snapped my fingers, remembering the spell Celest taught me yesterday, and my pyjamas started to catch fire. Then in a bright blaze, I was suddenly put into my uniform, my pyjamas spread out on my bed in its place. The small blaze quickly put itself out. I admired my uniform once again, how well it fit, how vibrant the red was against the black, the gloves which had a small touch of gold on the back.

"That was quick." I heard Zielo say behind me.

"Well, duh." I rolled my eyes at him playfully, which he returned with a small smirk.

"You think the others are up yet?" I asked. Zielo shrugged.

"They're probably at class already." He said.

"Already at class? This early? But it's only-" I looked at my alarm clock and my jaw dropped.

"07:34!? Crap, I'm late! I'm late!" I exclaimed. I reached for my mirror next to the clock and stuffed it into my pocket, then grabbed my bag at the foot of my bed and sprinted to the door of me and Zielo's bedroom, only to peek my head back inside, staring at the boy, still in his pyjamas.

"Why are you still in bed?" I asked.

"Cuz my classes start at 08:00." He replied.

"Huh." I hummed before dashing out of the common room and down the hall.

"Damnit! It's my first day and I'm late for the first class?" I said between huffs. I then came to a sudden stop in the middle of the empty hallway.

"Wait, why am I running? I have a freaking teleporting mirror in my pocket." I said dumbly. I took out the magic mirror from my pocket and stared into its reflective surface then uttered the magic word.

"Mindarian."

The gem glowed red and a small ring of fire formed at my feet, circling me from below. Then, it glowed brighter until it flashed. I covered my eyes from the bright light before opening them and finding myself outside classroom 25. My classroom.

"Phew, made it." I said to myself. I then opened the door, and suddenly I had all eyes staring right me. I looked to the teacher nervously, his messy red and orange hair framing his eyes. He had a stubble and wore a dark tuxedo with bright red and gold trims. He smiled at me warmly from behind his table.

"Uh...sorry I'm late?" I said nervously.

"No, no, you're just in time. We were just taking attendance." He said. "Alexander Fier?"

I nodded in reply.

"Good. Find a seat and then we can get started." He said kindly. I smiled and turned to find a seat. I found one close to the back next to a big kid with short, sideswept hair with an undercut and bright red-orange eyes. As I sat down he glared at me for a split second before focusing his gaze to the front of the class.