Chapter 24-Cracks

Chapter 24

•???•

I let out abreath, closing my hand slowly. The flower in front of me started to change colour, it's bright blue petals and green stem turning dull and wilting. Black started to bleed into the edges.

"Well done my lord!" Andreas said, clapping his hands excitedly. "Soon you'll be able to corrupt anything."

"Yes, however it's been over a week and the best I've done was a simple flower. It's humiliating!" I said, annoyance present in my voice.

"But your powers have been dormant for fifty years. You need to go about this slowly or-"

"I'll get too exhausted and my body will give out before I can seize control over the Elemental Realm. Yes, I know. But I'm getting impatient." I snapped. I got up from my throne, taking the flower pot in my hands.

"I'm getting tired of experimenting with a power that I've already known my entire life!" I threw the pot at the wall, the soil exploded against the stone and pieces of the pot flew in every direction.

"I need to be able to use my power to its fullest again. I can't spend another week struggling to cast a simple corruption spell!" I shouted.

"Patience, my lord, you will get there eventually-"

"I want to get there now!"

The ground began to shake. I saw glowng black cracks open in the stone under my feet, spreading wider, reaching the lower half of the castle walls. Andreas looked at the glowing cracks along the walls, then back at me, a mixture of fear, confusion and intrigue plastered on his face. I let out a few huffs before looking around.

"Did...Did I do that?" I asked quietly. I looked down at my hands. The pale glowing veins on my right arm and the dark veins on my left pulsed with corruptive energy. I chuckled to myself, my power starting to flow through my body with more intensity than before.

"My lord..." Andreas muttered. I looked up at him, at his scared expression. He then fell to his knees, letting out a painful groan. I rushed to him.

"Andy, are you alright?" I asked, a familliar, yet forein emotion present in my voice. Concern.

"Y-Yes, I'm fine-" he cut himself off with another painful groan and clutched his leg. I quickly lifted his pant leg to find black glowing veins running up from his ankle. I looked on in fear.

"I- I didn't mean to- Andreas, I'm sorry-"

"Don't apologise, my lord."

"Don't act as if you're alright either." I snapped. "I don't want you to get hurt, especially not because of me. You know what my corruption can do to people."

"Yes, I know, but I've endured worse."

I looked at the veins on his leg. They gave off an eerie black glow, something I'd find perfectly normal on anything and anyone else I corrupt. But Andreas...

"Besides, this is a good thing." He said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What? How could this be a good thing? I corrupted you for God's sake!" I shouted, angry that he found me causing him pain was something to celebrate.

"You're getting more powerful." He replied. "The fact that you managed to corrupt me displays this, even if you only affected my leg."

"That may be true but it's still something not worth celebrating. I hurt you. That's something I could never be happy about."

He smiled a small, soft smile, and cupped my cheek, staring into my eyes with a sense of calm. I felt my heartbeat slow, still aching at the thought of causing him harm, but staring into his eyes helped.

"I'm okay." He said quietly. "I might not be able to walk, but I'll live. After all, once you're back at full strength, you can simply reverse it."

I let out a sigh.

"You're valuable to me, Andy. You know that, right?"

"Of coarse."

I helped him up, supporting his left side. "Come on." I said. "Lets get you to bed."

"Aaw, look at you. I've never seen you care this much." Andreas joked. I shot him a glare.

"Say that again and I'll corrupt your entire
body."

"Y-Yes, my lord. My apologies."

I walked him out the throne room, making sure not to drop him as I did. I turned back, taking a quick glance at the throne room. The cracks in the walls continued their eerie glow, before slowly receding back to where they originated from.

And as I got to the staircase, they were gone.

~~~~~

Author's Notes

There's not much to be said about this chapter apart from the fact that I'm in love with how it turned out. Thanks to my cousin for giving me the idea for this while I went on a 30-minute rant about the stuff I plan on writing later. Anyway, that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed, see you in the next chapter.

-BlueBoyHalo14