Chapter 5-Arceus

Chapter 5

•Alex's P.O.V•

"Whoa..."

As me and dad walked through the massive gates, I was greeted with a beautiful sight. An array of lush green grass and leaves were lined up against the walls and housed exotic, magical looking flowers that I'd never seen before, not even in story books. The ground was made entirely out of stone brick, laid out in a very detailed pattern. The outer walls seemed to stretch out for miles. About a hundred yards away from the gate stood the huge castle, which looked even bigger up close than what I saw through the portal. But it wasn't until I looked down at the base of the castle that I noticed how many elementals there were here.

To put it simply, a lot.

"Hello there, welcome."

I jumped back, startled, but quickly realised that it was just a grown woman greeting us from behind. I looked back at her cautiously and she chuckled.

"Sorry for startling you." She said warmly, her purple hair shining in the sunlight.

"It's alright." I said sheepishly.

"You here for administration?" She asked.

"Yeah." My dad nodded.

"Then follow me." The woman said. The turned on her heels and lead us to a desk where a large looking man with light brown skin sat. But something about him struck me as odd. It definately wasn't his dark brown hair, but rather the pair of dragon horns and small scales that he had on his nose and under his eyes, not to mention the brown tail behind him, and the fangs...

"Just get your name written down here, then I'll escort you into the main hall." The woman said, before vanishing in a puff of purple smoke. I looked at the man at the table in...wonder.

"Next!" He called. He looked up at me and my dad and a smile quickly spread across his face. Dad shared the same expression.

"Drake!?" My dad shouted in delight.

"Alan!?" The man also shouted, getting up from the desk and coming to hug and my dad. They pat each other on the back before pulling away.

"It's been forever man!" The man said.

"Yeah, it really has old friend." Dad replied. The man then turned his attention to me.

"Oh, is this your kid?" He asked. I looked at him nervously.

"Oh, yeah. Alex, this is my old friend, Andrew Drake. And Drake, this is my son, Alex." My dad introduced. Drake looked at me in awe.

"He looks just like his old man." He smiled, showing his fangs, and I took a small step back in fear.

"Oh, sorry. It's the fangs isn't it? I'll fix that." He said. He closed his eyes, and suddenly the scales, horns, tail and fangs faded. "Better?"

I stared in surprise and awe, which I figured would be a regular occurance here. It was then that I noticed Dtake's features. He was a tall, muscular man with a scar across his left arm. He wore a black sort of jacket, sleeveless, that stopped at the middle of his thighs and was lined with brown.

"So, Alex, you excited to be studying at the best highschool in the elemental realm?" Drake asked me.

"Heck yeah!" I nodded.

"That's what I like to see! Just sign here and walk into the main hall." Drake said handing me a form and a pen. I signed where Drake told me to before handing the pen and form to my dad. After he signed, we gave the form back to Drake.