Chapter 58- The King of Corruption: Part 2-Ignite

Chapter 58

•Alex's P.O.V•

I felt a subtle haze wash over my body. My eyes slowly fluttered open as I was met with an endless darkness. I looked around, the same dark, never-ending expanse stretching out in every direction.

"Hello?" I called out, my voice slightly echoing. No response. I looked down at myself. I was wearing my Arceus uniform, not a single tear in the fabric. I didn't feel a bruise or cut anywhere on my skin either.

"What is going on?" I muttered to myself. I thought back, but everything was a blur. All I really remembered was fighting the Corrupted King. As for what happened or where I ended up, I was clueless.

"Is anyone there?" I called out again. And once again, no response.

'Where am I?' I thought to myself. I opened my palm and tried to spark a flame in my hand, but for some reason, I felt no spark. In fact, I felt no firery sensation flowing through my body whatsoever. It was like my magic has been blocked.

Or maybe, I didn't have any.

"Okay, what is going on here? What's wrong with my powers?"

I heard a quiet sparking from behind me. I whipped my head around to find a tiny flame burning brightly behind me. I looked on in confusion.

"What in the..."

I went over to it and bent down to get a closer look, only for the flame to disappear. My confusion only grew.

The crackling started again, the sound echoing from behind me once more. I turned around and found the flame dancing behind me. I got up and went to it again, but within a few feet of it, it disappeared again. I started to grow even more confused, and slightly irritated.

"Alright, what in the flames is going on right now?"

"Would you like an answer to that, Alexander?"

I whipped my head arohnd once again. That voice...It seemed to be coming from all directions at first. I could've sworn that Ive never heard it before, yet it also sounded, and felt, familiar. I looked around, trying to find the source of the voice, only to see nothing but darkness.

"Down here."

I slowly looked down and found the same flame, only it wasn't the same flame. It was bigger, roughly the size of a basketball, and had a smaller body made entirely of fire. No hands or feet. Its pale, yellow eyes looked up at me.

"What the-"

"You are Alexander Fier, yes?"

I narrowed my eyes in confusion before answering with an unsure "Yes...? Who are you?"

The little creature of flame held out it's arm, presumably to shake my hand. "A pleasure to finally meet you, Alex."

I stared with an eyebrow raised. Somehow this thing knew my name? And could talk apparently? Not to mention that it was literally a walking ball of flames.

"You didn't answer my question. Who are you?"

The creature lowered its arm. "I am Kindle, your inner flame."

"Inner flame? What's that?"

"The answer to that isn't all that simple to answer. But essentially..." Kindle walked up to me and pointed to my chest. "I am your source of magic."

"What!?"

The flame chuckled a little. "Yes. That firery sensation that flows through your veins whenever you spark a flame, that is me."