Chapter 47-Secrets

Chapter 47

•Alex's P.O.V•

"Suspended!?" Celest exclaimed.

"Until further notice!?" Aaron added.

"Yeah, until my dad comes in to discuss my actions and work on a proper punishment for me, I'm not allowed in Arceus." I sighed.

"That's not fair! Why do you have to take the blame when you didn't even start the fight?" Zack exclaimed, electricity sparking through his hair.

"Yeah, Axel started it, why doesn't he get any punishment?" Aarya said angrily.

"Because Axel is temporarily blind because of me!" I snapped. They all stared at me in shock. "Grandpa said that what I did could get me expelled from Arceus, hell, it could give me a criminal record, but he chose not to since I still had so much to learn. Compared to losing my place here permanently, to losing all of you, to losing the ability to learn more about my powers, getting suspended for a bit doesn't sound nearly as bad."

"That sucks." Natalie said. "I still think Axel should get punished too."

"Grandpa said that he'll sort something out for Axel as soon as he heals from the fireball I threw at him. Besides, it could've gone a lot worse..." I told them.

"Still, not cool!" Cameron spoke.

"Look, I had a class about controlling my emotions this morning, the same morning I lost control of my anger. Professor Blaze said I shouldn't create any fire in anger and that's exactly what I did. In front of all the other elementals too." I said, stuffing my face in my pillow. I felt a hand on my back.

"You're not wrong there. But let's be honest, Axel deserved a fireball to the face ever since he started picking on the other elementals." Zielo said.

"And punching Haru in the face was going way too far." Keith added.

"That doesn't justify me leaving him temporarily blind." I said, my voice muffled. 

"Mind repeating that, Al?" Damian said. I turned my head to the side.

"I said, it doesn't justify leaving him temporarily blind." I wrapped my arms around my pillow, squeezing my frustration out into it.

"I should start packing soon." I muttered.

"Right." Zielo said. He hopped off the edge of my bed and retreated to his. The others bid me and each other goodnight before leaving my bedroom. I let out a sigh.

"Here." Zielo handed me a black and purple rabbit plushy, one that he always slept with we were kids. I tilted my head. "You remember Kanto, right?"

"The stuffed bunny you had since you were eight?"

"Yup."

"You kept this thing?"

"Yeah. He's helped me through a ton of tough times. I'm sure he'll help you too." Zielo said softly. "I probably should've given him to you after the incident with Mr Bliss, but hey, but it doesn't really matter now anyway."

I sat up and took the plush from his hands, wrapping my arms around it before letting out a sigh.

"Thanks, Zee." I muttered. I lay back down as Zielo walked back to his side of the room.

"Sweet dreams, Alex." I heard Zielo say from across the room. I simply turned my back to him, not in the mood to say anything, still haunted by my actions earlier today.