Chapter 57-The King of Corruption: Part 1-Corrupt

Chapter 57

•Alex's P.O.V•

The ground shook once more as more cracks tore across the castle floor towards us. Keith's fists glowed and with a ferocious roar, he hammered the ground, repelling the cracks. A second later, his signature stone spikes shot up from the ground. They tore across the throne room to the Corrupted King, but just as they were about to collide, he jumped out of the way, leaping high into the air as the jagged rocks crashed into the wall.

The Corrupted King aimed his outstretched hand to us and shot a black sphere of corruptive energy right at us. We all took cover as Natalie quickly bent down, and placed her hand on the ground. Seconds later, a thick wall of vines sprung from the brick to block the sphere.

"Quick thinking, Nat." Cameron complimented. She smiled. But not a second later, the vines changed colour from a luscious green to an ashy grey. Not long after, they wilted away. My eyes widened.

"Crud." I cursed under my breath. "We can't let ourselves get bit by his attacks." I told my team.

"Yeah, or else we're gonna end up like those vines." Zack gulped. Without another second to think, the Corrupted King shot another bolt of Corruption at us. Natalie wasn't fast enough.

"I got this!" A large rock shot up from the ground and exploded into a cloud of debris and dust as the bolt crashed into it, seconds before it could get to Natalie.

"Thanks, Keith." She let out a breath, before rolling out the way if another bolt aimed at her. Lightning started to crackle around Zack, and a second later, he sped across the room towards the Corrupted King and sent him flying across the room faster than anyone could register.

"Nice kick!" Damian shouted from he other side. Zack shot him a thumbs up. But a split secknd later, the Corrupted King burst out from the wall he crashed into and threw his fist down at Zack, only to miss and strike the ground as Damian pulled Zack back with his telekinesis just in time. The ground shook again. My jaw dropped.

"I could barely see him..." I muttered.

"Could he be faster than Zack?" Celest asked. Damian shook his head.

"Not faster, but close." He said.

'Crap! This is going to be harder than I thought.'

The Corrupted King stood up straight, clenching his fists.

"Lucky shot." He muttered. "But you won't get another hit like that."

With that, he zipped across the throne room again in a flash of black lightning. He darted towards us again, fist raised and glowing menacingly. Cameron raised a barrier of ice split seconds before his fist hit, only for the entire thing to shatter almost instantly. I took my chance and quickly ignited my fist and threw my fist upwards, but just as it was about to land, he twisted mid air. He darted off to the other side of the room again as he landed.

"He's too fast." I grumbled. "How are we gonna hit him?"

"I dunno." Zielo muttered back.

"Well we might wanna think of something and quick. He's coming back for another strike!" Zack said. On cue, the King flew back to us with another sphere of corruption in his clawed hand. Keith lifted a barrier of stone that shaped itself into a hard rocky dome right as the King was about to strike. The dome shook. Celest lit up the inside with a ball of light where I noticed a crack appeared where the his fist collided. I heard him shoot across the room again to come back and strike another part of the dome. Another crack formed.