Chapter 48-Urgent Matters

Chapter 48

•Alex's P.O.V•

I unpacked the last of my clothes into my closet. Dad managed to convince the school board to let me attend classes again, though he said it was exhausting trying to get through to them. I woke up early this morning to unpack everything. I heard a tired yawn from across the room and turned to find Zielo stretching. His eyes met mine, and they widened in surprise. I chuckled.

"Morning." I said.

"Alex? I thought you-"

"My dad sorted everything out." I said. "Though, I am gonna be in detention until midterm. But hey, it could've been worse."

Zielo chuckled and came to sit in my bed. I sat next to him, wrapping my arm round his shoulders. He sighed.

"I'm glad you weren't expelled." He said. He rested his head on my shoulder and smiled.

"Yeah, me too." I said. "Did I miss anything important on Friday?"

"No. Mr Silva just went over some combat drills, and Coach beast went over-"

"Alexander Fier."

Zielo cut himself off. He looked at me in confusion. "Did you hear that too?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "It sounded like-"

"Please get dressed and report to the headmaster's office as soon as possible."

"...professor Saladin?"

"What does he want with us?" Zielo asked. Keith burst through my bedroom door in his boxers and looked at us, seemingly in a rush.

"Guys, did you get a message from Saladin?" He asked.

"You did too?" I said, surprised. Me and Zielo looked at each other, slightly concerned. Normally, it was never a good thing to be called to the headmaster's office. I looked back to Keith.

"Have the others also been called?" I asked. Keith nodded.

"Everyone in our team got the same telepathic message."

I stared at him in concern, but also curiosity. I stood up and snapped my fingers. Flames swirled around me and my pyjamas faded into my uniform. I looked at Zielo.

"We better get ready then." I said. "Don't wanna keep Saladin waiting, do we?"

•••

We all gathered in the headmaster's office. Grandpa and Saladin stood behind the large desk, looking at us intently. Saladin snapped his fingers, and a large couch appeared behind us.

"Please, take a seat." Saladin said to us. We all sat down, except for Aaron, who floated above the rest of us. I sat anxiously, waiting to hear why we were all called here. Grandpa spoke.

"Before any of you ask, no, you are not in trouble." He said. We all sighed in relief.

"Then, what are we here for?" Zack asked.

"Simple." Saladin said. "The Corrupted King."

Our eyes widened. We all looked at each other in shock. Aaron was so shocked, he fell right out of the air and landed on Aarya and Damian.

"Oof. Sorry guys." Aaron apologised. He quickly sat up between the two.

"The Corrupted King?" I asked.

"Yes." Saladin got out from behind the desk. "Ever since the start of the new school year, small sparks of negative energy have started to appear all over the school. I'm sure you remember the trials, young Fier?"