Chapter 25- The Corrupted King

Chapter 25

•Alex's P.O.V•

I stared at the others in confusion.

"What? What's wrong, you guys?"

They didn't respond. I looked to Zielo and shook him, trying to get him back to his senses.

"Zee. Zielo. Zielo!"

"This scroll..." Damian muttered. I turned to him.

"Damian, what's with all the horrified faces?" I asked. Damian's head whipped around to face me.

"You don't know about the tale of The Corrupted King!?" Damian said loudly. I shushed him.

"Hey, quiet down! Were still in the library, remember?" I whisper-shouted at him. He shook his head and readjusted his glasses.

"Right, sorry." He apologised. "You don't know the tale of The Corrupted King?" He repeated in a whisper.

"No, I don't. You forget that I only found out I had magic a month and a half ago." I crossed my arms.

"Oh, yeah." Damian muttered, scratching the side of his head. His eyes and hands then illuminated his signature purple.

"Zielo, a little help please?" Zielo shook his head.

"Right."

Zielo's eyes and hands glowed the dark midnight blue they always have. Damian and Zielo stepped forward, holding their hands out in front of them.

"Memoria Minitus." They said in unison. That entire section of the archives suddenly became illuminated with bright indigo clouds. As the clouds dispersed, a flash of light revealed that we were in a new location. One that looked like a picture taken from long ago. We were in the middle of a small town close to a forest. The buildings were made of mossy cobblestone and constructed similar to a few of the monuments in the human world made in the 1970's. The old-fashioned street lamps stood high at the side of the wide tar road.

The elementals that we saw in this town wore clothes of another time. Elegant, old-timey dressed and suits was what about every adult wore, while the kids wore something closer to the '60s or '70s. I stared at the landscape in amazement, almost like I've traveled back in time.

"Whoa..." I muttered. "What is this place? Where are we?"

"We're still in the archives." Damian answers, his voice sounding distant despite him only standing a few feet away from me.

"What?" I asked.

"Zielo and I cast a spell called 'Visions of the past'. It let's us see into the past and witness historical events as if we were there." Damian explained.

"So cool." I said. I looked at one of the little kids running around with her friends. Running right at me.

"Uh, hey kid, you might wanna watch where you're going." I tried to tell her. She didn't listen, almost as if she couldn't hear me. She continued running at me.

"Whoa- Hey!" I braced myself for the collision, only to have her run right through me. I turned to a giggling Zielo, confused.

"Alex, this is a memory spell. The people inside it can't see or hear us. We're like ghosts here." He explained.

"This spell doesn't actually affect the past. It just allows us to see into it." Damian explained further.

"Oh, that makes sense." I said. I caught sight of one of the walls of one of the buildings. A small crack started to form, then a second later, it grew until the entire side of the wall started to crumble.