Chapter 28-The Orb

Chapter 28

•Alex's P.O.V•

To be honest, I didn't have high hopes. The ten of us met up in the library, as discussed, and quickly got to work looking. And, as expected, we turned up empty handed for the first hour. Given our previous attempts to find any piece of information on those shelves, I wasn't all that convinced that we'd actually fund something.

That is, however, until Damian discovered something.

"Hey, guys. Come check this out!" He called. We gathered at a table, eying the scroll bed unravelled on the table. I glanced at the large text at the top.

"A locate spell?" I asked.

"Yup." Damian nodded.

"I don't understand, how exactly does that help us?" Cameron asked. Damian pointed to one of the sentences on the scroll.

"This spell allows the caster to locate anything they so choose. Whether object or animal, trinket or treasure, human or creature, whatever it may be, this spell will lead you to what you so desire." Damian read out loud.

"Wait, anything?" Zack asked.

"Anything." Damian repeated.

"So that means we can find the missing piece of the scroll." Aaron said, hovering in the air as he always did.

"Way to go, Braniack, you just found us a way to see what the rest of the scroll said." Aarya punched Damian's arm playfully.

"So how do we cast it?" Zielo asked.

"It's simple. All we have to do is say the words and the spell should activate." Damian said.

"That doesn't sound too difficult." Natalie said. "Then what?"

"Once you cast it and you focus on what you want to find, a fluorescent orb of white light will lead you right to it." Damian pointed to another sentence on the scroll.

"Sounds simple enough." Celest said enthusiastically. "Lets do it."

"Okay. Everyone sit around the scroll and join hands." Damian said. I raised an eyebrow.

"And, why do we need to do that?" Zielo asked.

"Because with all ten of our powers combined, the power of the spell will amplified tenfold." Damian explained. I nodded and set down next to Damian, holding on to his hand. Zielo came to sit next to me and clutched my hand. The rest followed suit and after a minute we were all seated in a circle around the spell scroll.

"Alright, now to cast it." Damian said quietly. He closed his eyes and his hair flowed upwards. A second later, a purple glow swirled around his body, later doing the same to the rest of us. The writing on the scroll emitted a faint light.

"Cristamum Locattum." Damian muttered. The writing glowed a bright white and the scroll started to levitate off the ground. Soon after, a bright ball of white and blue light emerged from the writing, brightly illuminating the entire section of the library we were in. I looked up at the ball of light in amazement.

"Whoa..." I muttered. Damian opened his eyes next to me and let go of my hand, his hair falling over his forehead and the purple glow disappearing.

"Okay, part one of the spell is done. Now..." His hands glowed, and suddenly, another scroll appeared between them in a puff of purple smoke.

"Orb of Locan, Your services we require. Lead us to the treasure we most desire." Damian spoke. The orb let off a blinding flash of gold light.