Chapter 51-Tunnel Runners

Chapter 51

•Koran's P.O.V•

The sleigh stopped a few feet from the gates of the dark castle. The stone was covered in dark cracks, just as Alex had described. It gave off an eerie sort of energy that sent chills down my spine. It was unsettling. One by one, the students and teachers who sat in the sled exited. As I made contact with the ground, I expected to feel a searing pain shooting through my body, but the dull maroon grass didn't do anything. The spell worked.

As I looked around at the students, their uneasy expressions made themselves clear. Alex, however, seemed frozen in place. Almost petrified.

"...Alex?" I said. He snapped back to reality and turned to me in a bit of a daze.

"Hm?" Alex stared at me with a look of surprise. I went over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"I know you might be feeling scared, but as long as I am here, nothing will happen to you. Alright?"

He didn't reply. Instead, he flashed a small smile. I turned to the giant outer walls, astonished that they still stood so tall after so long. Though, it was clearly evident that they had aged quite a bit. The brick had vines twisting around them, some had roots sticking out the seems and the bricks themselves seemed to be slowly eroding away. The gates were shut.

"Okay, how are we going to enter the courtyard without being detected?" Saladin asked.

"Well, we obviously can't blast through it." Amaru said, arms crossed. Alestor turned to Arthur.

"Arthur, can you teleport us to the other side?" He asked. Arthur shook his head.

"Unless I've been to a certain location or I can see it clearly, I unfortunately cannot." Arthur replied.

"Well that's just great." Lumaro grumbled sarcastically. "How else are we supposed to get into the tunnels?"

"Simple." Aaron said, eyes glowing. Evertonr turned their gaze to him. A soft breeze started to blow past my body. Not long after, we were all encased in a white glow.

"If we can't go through it, or teleport past it, let's simply just go over it." The young air elemental said.

"That's genius!" Keith said. Slowly, everyone started to float a few feet off the ground, only to fall back down a minute later. The white glow faded and Aaron let out a few breaths.

"Sorry, everyone." Aaron apologised. "There's a limit to how much weight I can levitate at a time. Looks like the most I can handle is my team."

"Then leave it all to me, kid." Erika said. Her eyes began to glow and after a few seconds, I felt my body floating off the ground again. The teachers, guardians and students we're carried over the huge wall with ease and landed gently on the other side.

"Nice work, Erika." Alestor said. Aaron looked at the guardian in astonishment.

"You made that look so easy." He said. Erika chuckled.

"Yeah. But if you keep training with your magic, you'll be able to do spells like that as if you were lifting a feather." She ruffled his hair. "It was a good effort though, kiddo."

Aaron blushed. "Alright. Let's move."

"Alex, since you and your team have been here before, won't you show us the way?" Trevor asked. Alex nodded.

With that, the students led the way through a myriad of wild grass and foreign-looking plants thriving along an overgrown dirt and stone path leading to the back of the huge castle. Half of them just looked dull and lifeless, while others seemed far too vibrant considering our current location. What was even stranger was the fact that they seemed to be pulsing, expanding and contracting at such a slow pace that you would never notice it at first glance. It was mildly chilling.