Chapter 54-The Diary

Chapter 54

•Damian's P.O.V•

My eyes shot open. I quickly sat up, gasping for breath. I looked around with a confused and alarmed expression.

"What happened...?"

My head started to hurt a bit. I held on to the side of my head, quietly groaning to myself. I felt unusually tired, despite my body feeling no form of fatigue at all.

"You're finally awake."

I whipped my head around to find Natalie smiling at me. I tilted my head.

"Natalie? What- w-what's going on? Where are we?" I asked. She raised an eyebrow.

"You don't remember?" She said. She got up and helped me to my feet. Short memories flashed through my mind, and I quickly remembered what had happened.

"The cave...we were trapped...and then..."

It dawned on me. I looked around again and found books and scrolls all over the walls. We were in the library.

"I...I did it. I did it!" I said triumphantly. I threw my fists in the air. "I teleported us here! I actually did it!"

I cut myself off, examining the room again.

"...where is everyone?" I asked. Natalie looked to the side.

"You used up practically all of your energy to get us here. You passed out almost immediately."

"I...passed out?"

"Yeah. The others went on ahead to find the adults while I stayed here to look after you until you were conscious again." Natalie explained.

I didn't know what to say. I was still trying to process what had happened. I broke my limits, I passed out, Natalie stayed while everyone else left to find help.

Everyone else went to find help...

"The others might need our help..." I muttered. I held out my hand towards Natalie. "Grab on."

"Now hold on, Damian, you're still pretty weak." She said. Her eyes glowed as a thick vine grew out if the wooden floor, bearing a dark purple fruit. Natalie picked the fruit and handed it to me.

"Here, eat this. You'll regain some of your strength."

"Alright." I bit into the fruit, and a mature of sweet and music flavours tingled across my tongue. The tiredness started to slowly fade away.

"This is delicious. And I'm already starting to feel better." I said with a mouthful of fruit. "What fruit is this?"

"It's a Hexus berry." Natalie replied. "I used to grow them a lot as a kid."

I took one final bite. "Thanks, Nat. That helped a ton." I said.

"No problem." She smiled. I wiped my mouth and looked to the entrance. "We should find the others now."

An idea popped into my head at that moment. I looked around the library. My eyes started to glow. My vision then suddenly was tinted purple.

"Whoa..." I muttered in surprise.

"What?"

"I...I dunno. I think I unlocked a new ability." I said to her. When I turned my head to her, the rest of her body looked normal, but her chest glowed brightly where her plant magic core resided. Strange...

"A new ability?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said, unsure. The glow faded. "I think I can see the magic inside any object or person."

"Wow, that's a cool ability." She said.

"Yeah. And maybe I can find some use for it..."

My eyes began to glow again, and once again, everything was as tinted purple. I looked around the library. About half of the books and scrolls seemed normal, while a lot of them radiated a brighter glow. But one in particular caught my eye.

"There." I pointed. I walked up to a shelf. The book I had my eyes on was on a pretty high shelf, about ten feet off the ground. I turned to Natalie.

"A little assistance please?"

"Of coarse."

A thick vine grew from the floor and wrapped itself around my waist. It lifted me up until the book was in line with my eyes. While the other magical books let off a pale purple glow, this one was different. It felt different. It glowed with a darker purple than the others, still pretty bright, but darker nonetheless. I reached my hand out and took it gently.

The book was small, no bigger than a standard diary, and bound in a dark brown leather with silver details on the corners. The cover looked a bit worn out and a few of the pages torn, but the book itself seemed to be in relatively good condition. I wiped away the dust on the front cover and inspected the writing.

'The Diary of Korallis Grey'

I stared at the book curiously. Korallis Grey...who was that? Was it one of the Corrupted King's victims? Was that the real name of Mr Bliss? So many questions ran through my mind in that moment. Until Natalie snapped me out of my daze.

"Find anything?"

I quickly hid the book in my jacket. "Uh, no. Nothing- Wait! What's...that?"

Something else caught my eye. Hidden behind the book at the back of the shelf was a small, rolled up scroll with a faded maroon ribbon. It glowed with the same energy that the diary had. I reached into the shelf and grabbed it gently. My vision returned to normal. Nat's vines set me on the ground as I opened up the delicate scroll.

"What's that?" She asked, making her way to me. I read the text, and gasped.

"No way..."

"What? Damian, spill! What did you find?"

I looked at her with a determined grin. "I found a way to defeat the Corrupted King."

Her eyes widened in surprise as I handed her the scroll. I watched as she read over it and put on the same expression I did. She looked back at me with a smile.

"This is huge!" She said, a tiny bit if excitement in her voice.

"We have to show this to the others!" I said. She rolled up the scroll and handed it back to me. I put it into my jacket next to the diary before closing my eyes. After a few seconds, I felt Alex and the others' energies heading toward one of the larger rooms of the castle.

"There they are." I said. I held my hand out to Natalie. "Take my hand." I told her.

"Are you sure, Damian?" She asked. I nodded.

"I have more than enough energy to take us both. I'll recover more of it later if need be." I told her. She smiled, nodded then took my hand in hers. Then, without a second to waste, the two of us were teleported out of the library.

~~~~~

Author's Notes

I don't think I've ever written a chapter faster than I just did. I guess the excitement got the better of me. I was gonna take a nap after I finished the last chapter, but then this idea popped up onto my head and I couldn't think of anything else. So, here you are. Damian unlocked a new ability, found an old diary and discovered a strategy to beating the big bad of the elemental realm.

But, where will this all lead?

-BlueBoyHalo14