Chapter 46-Flames of Rage

Chapter 46

•Alex's P.O.V•

The others looked just as concerned as Keith was when I told them. Damian suggested going back to the library, but I decided against it. I didn't think we would find anything useful in there anyway. Still, it scared me knowing that the Corrupted King, the most powerful and dangerous elemental in the entire realm was able to speak to me like that... I just shook the feeling off.

It was just before the start of school. I got out of bed, got dressed and walked off to the main school building. I met up with Keith and Zack along the way. We talked as we walked, enjoying our normal banter, when I caught sight of something going on in the distance. I turned my head, and as soon as I saw what what happening I felt my fists clench. It was Axel, looking down at Haru with a smirk on his face. Haru looked like he was at the brink of tears.

'Oh hell no.'

I marched up to Axel, anger bubbling in my veins. As I got closer, and was in earshot, I could hear what Axel was saying, and the anger only bubbled up more.

"Aw, what's the matter? The little puppy wants his toy back?" I heard Axel taunt. He held up a small, red and gold book in front of Haru, waving it around in one hand and pushing Haru out of arm's reach with the other.

"Please, just give it back!" Haru pleaded. Axel laughed.

"Pathetic." He laughed again. My eyes glowed a red and orange his as I outstretched my hand. A chord of fire sprung from my palm towards Axel and wrapped itself around the small book. Axel didn't get a chance to process as I pulled my arm back, yanking it from his hands. I stared him dead in the eye.

"Leave him alone, Axel." I said, my voice deep and menacing. He and Haru turned their heads to me, surprised expressions plastered onto their faces.

"Well if it isn't 'Alexander the Flameless'?" Axel said.

Ever since the two of us got scolded by Professor Blaze two days ago, Axel has been calling me 'Alexander the Flameless' as a way of making fun of me. I tried not to let it bother me too much, but it was incredibly annoying whenever he called me that.

"Come to defend your little friend, I see?" Axel taunted.

"I'll say it again, leave him alone." I said angrily.

"Or what? You gonna hit me or something? Display some of the 'magnificent' magic that you performed during the trials?"

Suddenly, most of the elementals in the hallway had their eyes on us. Keith and Zack walked up to me.

"Alex, is everything okay?" I heard Zack ask.

"Oh, I swear to Eternium-"

"It's okay." I held up my hand, cutting Keith off. "I've got this."

Zack took a step back. I turned back to Axel, arms crossed and with a smug grin on my face.

"Still mad that I was the only one who got Azymondias's scale, huh? Or is it just because he knocked you out the sky when you weren't even halfway up the cliff?"

The other elementals snickered and giggled and soon exploded with laughter, even Haru. Axel's face stated to turn red as he glared at me.

"Oh yeah? At least I can actually conjure a fire, Flameless." He snapped. The spectating elementals snickered and laughed again.

"And yet you still somehow always come second in the class, after me." I snapped back with a little sass sprinkled in. The anger was rattling off my tongue, yet I tried my hardest to keep my cool. The other elementals erupted in shock.