Chapter 26-The Prophecy: Part 1-The King's Return

Chapter 26

•Alex's P.O.V•

I sat in the school gardens, gently stroking my dragon's scaly back. Blaze sat in my lap, purring softly. I stared at all the elementals enjoying their afternoons with their friends or their pets. It was all smiles with them. I, however, still had a dark cloud looking over me.

It's been a day since Damian showed me the vision, since I learned the tale of The Corrupted King, since I realised that he was the one who appeared in my dream that night. Even after my friends helped me to my feet and eventually calmed me down, I still couldn't get over it. Seeing what he was capable of, drawing the connections between him and the volcano collapsing that day, the image in my mirror, the only thing I felt was a mix of confusion, fear, dread...

I let out a sigh before hearing a concerned yip from Blaze. He lifted his head to lick my cheek in an attempt to cheer me up.

"Blaze, stop, that tickles!" I giggled. The dragonling continued.

"Blaze!"

'Not until you're feeling better.' Blaze said. He finally stopped and looked at me with his adorable big eyes, and I couldn't help but smile.

'Alex. Al, can you hear me?'

I looked around confused and startled. That voice, it sounded like it came from nowhere and every direction at once. Blaze tilted his head, staring at me in confusion.

'Alex?'

"Wait, Damian?" I muttered.

'Oh good, you can hear me.' Damian said. I looked around for him, only to find him nowhere.

"How are you talking to me right now?" I asked.

'Telepathy.' Damian answered simply.

'Who are you talking to?' Blaze asked.

"My friend Damian." I told the dragon. "So, what's up?"

'I may have found something about... you know. Come to the library.'

My heart started to drop. I didn't want to think about that vision I saw. Knowing that what I saw actually happened put a bitter taste at the back of my throat and a sickening knot in my stomach.

"Oh, alright. I'll be there soon." I replied softly. I set Blaze on the grass next to me and got to my feet, looking at the school building.

'Where are you going?' The dragonling asked, sad at the fact that he was no longer resting in my lap. I looked down at him and bent down to pat his head.

"Damian needs me. I'll be back though, don't worry." I said.

'Can't I come with you?'

"I'm sorry, Blaze, but you know that the pets aren't allowed in the castle." I told him softly. Blaze whined in response.

"But don't worry, I'll come back." I reassured him. I planted a little kiss on his forehead before walking into the castle toward the library.

•••

"So, what did you find?" I asked. Damian turned to me, his eyes glowing their signature colour. The floating scrolls and books around him eminated the same purple glow.

"Well, after yesterday, I decided to do some research on the corrupted king. And..." He paused. "...well, let's just say that I've made some, interesting discoveries."