Chapter 21-Fighting Stance

Chapter 21

•Alex's P.O.V•

"Right, let's keep the introductions short."

Me and my team gathered in the arena for their first combat class of the semester, but it didn't take me long to want to run out of there. We were greeted by a tall man who looked down at each of us with a cold, apathetic stare. His icy blue eyes looked like they had no emotion, but could flare up in rage at any moment. His bright, cyan hair was parted from the middle of his forehead, framing his face neatly as it fell down to his shoulders. Other than his eyes, he had a pointed nose and thin lips that that formed a flat line.

He wore a long black coat-like jacket, lined with a cyan trimming and silver buttons on the collar. Underneath he wore a white button-up and black tie along with black dress pants and cyan boots. An unusual outfit for a combat instructor, but I thought it would be better not to question it.

"I am Mr Silva, the head of elemental combat at Arceus, and your instructor for your time here." He introduced, examining each of us closely.

"Let's get a few things straight." He started again. "Firstly, I'm not a fan of people showing up late and wasting my time, so don't be late for class. Secondly, I do not tolerate any form of mischief or misbehaviour in my arena." His eyes flew to Cameron, who quickly looked in the other direction.

"I hope your brother told you about that, Mr Frost."

"Y-Yes sir, he did." Cameron stammered. I looked at him, curious, but he just shook his head in response, pressing his lips together tightly. I turned back to Mr Silva. 

"Thirdly, as unbelievable it may be to believe, I'm not as strict as I may look." He put on a small smile. "I try to make my lessons as fun for students as possible while teaching them everything they need to know about the combat style their element is suited to. So try not to be scared of me, alright?" He sounded sincere, and kind as he said that last part, which calmed my nerves slightly.

"Now..." He clapped his hands twice, and suddenly, our uniforms started glowing a bright cyan. The fabric started to transform, and by the time the glow faded, we were all dressed in different clothing.

Our hoodies became short sleeved, our gloves became longer, reaching the middle of our forearms. The girls' skirts were replaced with black tennis shorts and had white socks pulled up to their calves. The boys got knee-length shorts and shorter socks that didn't go too far above our ankles.

"Whoa, cool." Cameron said, admiring the new clothes.

"This is your PE uniform, but Mortimer agreed to let you students use it for combat classes as well." Mr Silva spoke.

"New uniforms? Awesome." Keith muttered.

"But they all look a little, plain, don't you guys think?" Celest said, eying hers and everyone else's uniforms.

"You have a point there, which is why we made it so that they become fully accustomed to the elemental wearing it." Mr Silva explained.

"They do what now?" Damian asked.

"Just activate your elemental abilities and see for yourselves."

We all looked at each other curiously. I extended my hand and lit a small flame. My hoodie then started to catch fire, but instead of burning the fabric, it instead added a red asymmetrical design to the hoodie running from my shoulder down to the middle of my torso, one sleeve being the same shade of red. The shorts got two stripes going down one side and a black flame emblem appeared on the left side of my chest, contrasting with the red. At the bottom was the word 'ARCEUS' in white. I put the flame out and admired the changes to my uniform.