Chapter 49-Hours Away

Chapter 49

•???•

I let out a sigh. I sat in Bliss's room on the edge of his bed. He was still sleeping as peacefully as a newborn. His head and upper torso were bandaged, with bandaids and plasters on his arms and cheeks. I found it cute, but I had other things on my mind. I got up, making my way down the throne room. The morning sun started to make its way past the horizon, painting the walls and floor in vibrant shades of orange.

"This castle seems even more quiet than usual..." I muttered to myself. I usually enjoyed the stillness of the air, I found a strange sense of the comfort in the empty ambiance of my castle, but ever since Bliss returned all battered and bruised, everything became bleak. Almost too quiet. I let out a sigh.

"God, I'm bored." I muttered. I sat atop my throne, resting my head on my fist as I stared into the empty room. My eyes let off a feint glow.

I lifted my other hand and splayed my fingers and a cloud of black sparks started to pool in my palm. The sparks formed a small ball which I squeezed for a bit before throwing it against the nearest wall. It bounced back into my hand quickly. I threw it again and again, catching it each time with ease. Until I heard a voice to my left.

"Good morning, my lord."

I turned to the side to see Bliss standing in one of the entrances to the throne room, dressed in comfy pants and a black coat. My eyes lit up, relieved. I got up and walked over to hug him briefly.

"Oh...okay, this is new." He said. I quickly pulled away. He smiled.

"I'm just, glad to see that you're alright. I could use the company." I muttered, looking off to the side.

"Of coarse, my lord." Bliss chuckled. He glanced up at me. "Any progression on your magic, sir?"

"Not much." I replied. "But I'm much stronger than as I was a month ago. I'm almost at my peak." I said.

"That's good." Bliss said. "You'll be able to bring chaos to the realm like you did in your prime."

"Yes..." I stared down at my hands for a moment, unsure of what to say next. The room fell silent.

"How are you...healing?" I asked awkwardly. Bliss looked surprised.

"Are you alright, my lord? You're not usually this concerned for my well-being." He said, tilting his head slightly.

"Andreas, I- I'm alright. I just- It wouldn't be very nice if my right hand was unable to aid me in the takeover of the elemental realm, now would it?" I pouted, arms crossed. Bliss chuckled to himself.

"No, it wouldn't." He said. "But rest assured, I will be fine when the day comes."

"See to it that you are." I said. I turned my back and returned to the throne. Bliss smiled a small smile.

"But seriously..." I said quietly. "How are you feeling?"

Bliss let out a breath. "I'm fine, my lord. The elementals at Arceus didn't hurt me too bad."

"Andy, you waltzed in here with a fractured arm, a broken rib and multiple cuts and bruises. Define 'fine'." I joked. Bliss laughed, walking up to my throne.

"Yes, I know. But I'm okay. Granted, a little weakened, slightly drained and unable to do magic for the next day or two, but I'm fine for the most part." He said with a comforting stare. I let out a breath.

"Good."

A ball of corrosive energy swirled in my hand. Small, dull sparks flew around the spinning ball. I had the other hand on the armrest. Cracks started to form in the throne, quickly spreading down to the floor. My eyes glowed angrily.

"Those Arceans will know my wrath soon enough..."

I thrust my hand out and threw the swirling ball of energy to the wall. The wall rumbled slightly, large cracks spreading from the point where the energy ball hit. The dark stone turned into a duller, more lifeless-looking crimson. A small bit of dust and debris fell from the wall.

I suddenly heard a cry. I whipped my head around to see Bliss crouched over, eyes shut tight and holding the sides of his head in pain. My eyes widened in fear. I rushed to his side.

"Oh no. Did I corrupt you again? Andy, I'm sor-"

"No, it's not you..." Bliss said. He opened his eyes and a bright purple glow shone from them. They quickly faded. He took deep breaths before looking into my eyes with a sudden alarmed glint.

"What? What is it?" I said, obvious panic in my voice. His eyes glowed again.

"...they're coming."

"Who?" I asked urgently. It took a moment the realization hit.

My eyes let off a faint glow. I quickly got up. Bliss had told me that Koran and his colleagues would come to try and stop me, then again, I'd expected a head on attack since the beginning. But this soon? I looked to the main entrance to the throne room, then back at Andreas.

"How long until they get here?"

"It seems they havent left yet." His eyes faded. "But I think they'll be here in a few hours, my lord."

My eyes let off a brighter glow. I turned my back to Bliss, looking toward the main entrance. I pulled the corners of my lips back in a sinister grin. Small, glowing rings appeared around my wrists.

"Prepare yourself, Bliss." I snapped my fingers, and the entire castle shook as glowing cracks spread across every surface from where I stood. I made sure not to let a single one touch Bliss as they pulsed with destructive energy. I turned back to him, an unhinged smile spread across my face.

"Soon, there will be bloodshed."

~~~~~

Author's Notes

Its almost time, lads and lasses. Soon, the elementals of Arceus High are gonna face off against the most powerful entity in the realm. I can't wait to get started with that! But, as always, I hope you enjoyed reading, and I'll see you in the next chapter.

(Who's gonna emerge victorious? Wait and see.)

-BlueBoyHalo14