Chapter 56-A "Little Chat"

Chapter 56

•Alex's P.O.V•

My face went pale.

'Its actually him...' I thought to myself. I wanted to turn and run, maybe burst through the door and go back to the safety of Arceus for the time being. But we'd come all this way to take him down, I couldn't just run away. That, and I couldn't move...

"Why so pale?" He asked. His eyes glowed as a dull glow enveloped me and my friends. Without warning, we were all pulled closer to the Corrupted King until he was at about arms length.

"I just want to have a chat. That's all." He said calmly. I was surprised, but the fear masked it almost completely. For a being so dangerous and wicked, he didn't seem like a bad guy, he seemed welcoming. That is, until the visions I saw of him replayed in my mind. The man I saw then was anything but welcoming.

"A chat...?"

He smirked. "It's not everyday that you get to meet the root of your downfall, now is it?"

I didn't say anything. I just looked him in the eyes.

"Not much of a talker, I see. Very well. I guess I'll do the talking for all of us." He said. He snapped his fingers and the glow around our bodies faded. We all fell to the ground, landing with a light thud.

"Now, I believe you all know just about everything you need to about me. However..." He sat on his throne, looking down at us with a mischievous grin. "...from what I've heard, you don't seem to know much about each other."

I tilted my head, turning to my friends in confusion. "What does that mean?"

The Corrupted King snickered. "Why, young Alexander, I'm merely surprised at how much the ten of you seem to keep unsaid between your friend group."

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"The same way I know every little thing about every one of you." His grin widened.

We all turned to face each other in concern. What could he mean by that? What could that imply? He chuckled before disappearing in a swirl of black smoke. He appeared right next to Keith.

"Keith Stone, the muscle of the team." He said. Keith's eyes shot open in surprise as he appeared. "So quick to jump to others' defense and act strong for the sake of your friends, because, at one point, you were too weak to do so for yourself."

Keith's eyes widened in surprise and fear. "How do you..." The King laughed to himself.

"Like I said, I know every little thing about you, my boy."

Keith clenched his fists. The others looked at him, seemingly confused at first. But their expressions changed.

"Keith...What does he mean by that?" Cameron asked. Keith looked to the side. Zack looked scared for Keith. The King then turned his attention to Zack.

"Why so quiet, Mr Storm?" He asked. "Trying to figure out a way to run off again, like how you avoid every other problem in your life? Word of advice, thats not a healthy way to deal with trauma."

Zack looked at him in surprise. "What? I-I don't run away from my problems. I..." I looked down at himself before his eyes shot open in realization.

"I...I don't know what you're talking about." Zack replied, looking off to the side. I noticed a tear form in the corner of in his eye. The King snickered again.

"You're not the only one though." He turned to Aaron. "Those wings may allow you to fly to your hearts content, but they won't erase your past, Aaron."