my mcr experience

Hey killjoys!!
Not an update just a little bit about my experience seeing mcr.

So I first saw them in Philly on Aug 29. I had gotten these tickets way back when they announced the tour. I brought my boyfriend with me, and he let me do some revenge era Frank makeup on him (his very first time wearing makeup.)

Ray was the first to walk on stage and the second I saw the shadow of his hair I broke into tears. I've truthfully never felt anything like the way I did when they came out. The best word I can think of was healing. I've idolized this band since before I was a teenager, and in less than two months I will be turning 20. I cried multiple times because I remembered there was a point in my life I never thought I'd be able to see them live, as we were all devastated by the dreaded March 22, 2013.

And there have been so many points in my life I didn't think I'd pull through from, whether those low points were intentionally inflicted or my near death experience when I broke my skull back in March 2021.

Two days ago, an old friend from school who's name I rarely see on my phone popped up. She had invited me to see mcr with her in newark. So, we snagged some of the best tickets ever the next morning and last night I got to see them for a second time. This time we were right there. One jump and a lot of luck bypassing security we could get on stage, that close.

Before the show started, we got to see Frank's kids and Jamia. They hung around the lower sections before finding their seats, and the kiddos would make their way to the barricades every few songs to watch and record Frank. At one point Lily was taking pictures of our section and waving to us, so I can brag that I'm in Frank's daughters camera roll which is a very crazy realization. And I know everyone says this, and it's quite honestly fitting to note this here, but throughout the whole show Mikey would stride over towards us and the amount of eye contact I had with him throughout the night makes me sweat lmao. I still can't believe it happened. And yes, I did try convincing myself he was just looking in my direction but I tested it by waving a few times and every single time on cue he would flash the biggest smile and nod. And when the show wrapped up, he stood on our side and held his guitar up. At that time I had moved from my seat in row four right down the the barricade and was maybe five feet away from him and held up heart hands as he does, and he smiled directly at me. It was fucking insane.

To be able to sing the lyrics that saved me with the band that saved me twice, is truly something that will keep me going.

I'd like to wrap things up by adding, never fucking give up on yourself. In the darkest days, the sun is always still behind the clouds and they will clear eventually.

I am so glad I made it this far to be able to share my experiences seeing the band. Please, keep fighting. I promise it gets better and you too will be able to create memories to help you through any struggle you face.

With all my love,
Jo