Prologue

Shota Aizawa ran from the car, he hitched a ride with Yokumiru Mera from the Hero public safety commission.
Things weren't looking good as the tired man pulled up to the location Momo described on the phone earlier.

An abandoned road tunnel that was deemed unstable a few years ago, the city soon after made a road that went around the small mountain the tunnel was under.

Aizawa ran to his students, all of them were in a huddle and didn't seem to notice Aizawa as he ran up.
"Are you guys okay?!"
He yelled at them.
A few turned and looked at him, their eyes wide and filled with tears. This wasn't good. Aizawa had a horrible sinking feeling.

There was a point in time when he had that exact expression. When he watched as the body of his friend was removed from a pile of rubble.
'Fuck, no no please be wrong. Someone tell me I'm wrong.'
His thoughts screamed as he stopped in front of his students. Some were hugging each other desperately, others were sobbing so hard they couldn't answer him.
But most were staring at something with a horrified expression.

Aizawa swallowed thickly and the students stumbled to the side a revealed the object of their attention.
Blood covered the ground, the sticky liquid pooled and spread around the students feet.
In the middle was Kirishima, Midoriya and a corpse.

Mai's corpse.

Aizawa choked when he saw Kirishima holding Mai's lifeless body while sobbing into her tangled hair.

.................

Vlad king pulled the bus into UA with his students safe inside. All of class 1-B had passed and he heard rumors that a few 1-A students failed.
The classes took the same test in a different locations to prevent their classes from fighting each other, much to Vlad's dismay.

He personally knew his students were the better hero course class, and them all passing certainly proved it.
Recovery girl was waiting in the parking lot, prepared to heal any needy students before they went to the dorms.

He parked the bus and his phone vibrated in his pocket. He ignored it as he herded the kids out of the bus. The vibrating stopped after the caller was sent to voicemail but quickly began again.
He pulled the device out of his pocket and saw Aizawa's name displayed on the screen.

He clicked the green button and answered with a gruff voice.
His students looked over and stood there watching as they saw an expression they've never seen on their teacher.

He shook his head and gulped.
"My quirk maybe I can-"
He said into the phone but was quickly denied.
"Alright, yes. Yes we are all safe."
He said rubbing his forehead with his hand.

All of the students were watching curiously as their teacher acted in a way they've never seen.
He slowly dropped the arm holding his phone after Aizawa hung up.

"What's wrong?"
Kendo asked stepping up.
Vlad king shook his head.

"Everyone make your way to the dorm, recovery girl with treat you there."
He said eyes distracted.

"Whats happening?"
Another student asked.

"1-A's bus was hijacked. W-we... We lost a student..."
He whispered.

A chuckle came from the group.
"Another class one A loser was kidnapped?"
Monoma said, his tone wasn't mocking or obnoxious as usual.
It was anxious and seemingly worried, like this was his way to cope with the fact that his school was constantly in danger.

Vlad shook his head eyes meeting his students.
"No... Mai Rika... Mai Rika was killed."

It felt like they were struck by lightning.
A feeling a horror in it's purest form shot up their spines and their jaws dropped.

Killed?

.................

A man with crimson wings sat perched on a building overlooking the city.
He wasn't a big drinker but he sipped from a flask nonetheless.

He didn't always get close to a lot of people, especially victims he's saved. But Mai was practically a little sister to him.

His golden eyes watched a news broadcast on the mega screen.
Yesterday UA highschool student, Mai Rika died while fighting THREE Nomus sent by the league of villains.

She died protecting her classmates to save their lives.

Hawks chuckled, a single tear running from his eye as he smiled softly at the picture of Mai.
"I knew you'd be a hero, but I didn't think you'd end up a martyr."

.................

A woman walked up to a pool of Golden liquid.
By the stone pool was her friend, sitting in cross legged position eyes closed. Her curly caramel colored hair falling around her face in ringlets.

"Are you close?"
Alma asked looking over the shimmering pool.

"Don't rush art Alma."
The other woman warned her eyes still closed long lashes brushing her pale cheeks.
"She took a lot of damage."

Alma looked at the body suspended in the pool, her body was wrapped in cloth and her shaved head bobbed above the surface putting her scar covered eyes in full view.
The woman nodded and her friend sighed.

"Another day and she can be put on average life support."
The medic said shifting her position.

Alma hummed tapping her fingers on the stone
"I can't wait."

(A/n) and another because ily: