57

"But you definitely surprised me with your little interview, you've always been unpredictable Just like..."
He stopped and glanced at the two boys on the wall.

"Just like what?"
Mai questioned.
...............

"Hm..."
He hummed considering what he was about to say, then he spoke.
"Just like your mother."

Mai gasped and Bakugou coughed.
He knew Mai didn't even know her parents, so how does this bastard?
"My... Mother?"

"You look just like her too, just as beautiful."
He whispered.

"You... You knew her?!"
Mai choked out through her surprise.

"Of course I did, we were actually childhood friends. We were lovers you know. She was the love of my life, she meant everything to me."
He told Mai who shook her head.

"What-"

"We were together for our entire highschool years, I loved her some much and she loved me. Though she refused to sleep with me, she said she didn't want to do anything like that until college and I of course respected that.
But then she came to me, pregnant.
Pregnant with you.
Pregnant with... With my brother's child."
He clinched his fist.

"I'm... I'm your niece?"
Mai whispered. Her and him had no similarities, but if what he was saying was true she looked like her mother.

"Yes of course.
After telling me I suppose I reacted in a way that scared her, they ran away together. They did a good job of hiding. It took me years to find them
But by them I had built up my reputation and my own small criminal empire so killing them was easy, I didn't even have to get my hands dirty."

"But I..."

"You were gone, in your mother's dying breath she told me she had a miscarriage and that you hadn't made it to term.
She then died in my arms, after which I had my brother tortured to death. I didn't want her to watch something like that, but I quite enjoyed it."

"You're a monster."
Mai hissed.

"And you're a gladiator that murdered thousands of people, and I've never held it against you."
He replied and Mai felt truly sick.

"That's... That's different..."
She whispered, tears brimming in her blind eyes.

"That's a lovely thing to tell yourself."

"It's true! She didn't want that! You made her do it."
Kirishima argued on her behalf.

"Well technically she could have died. But decided to put her own life above theirs."
Keiji stated.
"Just as she herself said in her lovely interview."

Mai let out a small sob. This was too much, she'd been through too much in the last few hours and was still struggling to keep her new found memories from overwhelming her.

"Oh Angel... I didn't mean to make you cry, I just want us to be friends. Alright?"
He whispered. He cupped her cheek with his hand and wiped her tears away with his thumb.
"We can be together, if you're good I'll treat you well Mai. I'm not nearly as horrible as you think I am."
He said, his finger brushing over her trembling bottom lip.

And then she snapped, she saw an opportunity and took it. She opened her mouth and bite his thumb. There was a crack as she tore through bone and tendon, ripping it off with her teeth.
The metallic taste of blood filled her mouth before she spit his thumb out of her mouth to get rid of the vile taste.

Keiji shrieked in pain and stumbled back, clutching his wrist desperately.

"Never."
Mai spat, a small amount of blood dripping from her bottom lip.
"And I asked you not to touch me."

He didn't seem to be listening, he hit the button by the door and it flew open, and two armed men grabbed him before he began to fall.
"Sir?-"

"TAKE ME TO A MEDIC!!! I NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION!!"
He commanded.

"Y-yes sir!"
They said in unison, leading him down the hall and slamming the door behind them.

"Are you alright?"
Kirishima asked and Mai shook her head.

"No... No not really..."
She whispered.

"It's alright, we'll get out of here. Just hold on."
Bakugou said, he lit explosions in his palms but they didn't do much.

"Bakugou-"

"Hold on!"
He interrupted Mai. She may be too tired to try but he wasn't done yet.
He built up a large explosion and blasted against the wall, his hands were secured behind his back but that only made it easier.

Eventually he pushed himself from the wall, breaking free from his restraints. Keiji might know all of Mai's weaknesses and he might have been prepared for her arrival.
But he wasn't prepared for Bakugou's strength, the straps securing him were made of plastic and weren't resistant to the heat of his explosions.

He landed on his face and scraped his cheek on the rough floor but he managed to stand up and jog to Mai.
"Let's get you outta here."
He said looking over her restraints.

"Careful."
Mai mumbled, her head still hanging towards the ground.

He pulled on the locks of her black straight jacket but they were strong.
He felt the chains that connected her to the wall and started to tug on them.

"I can't get the damn things off!"
Bakugou complained.

"Hey, there's some sort of control screen on the wall over there. Try that."
Kirishima suggested.

Bakugou grunted and went to check it out, tapping and eventually punching it in frustration.
"Needs a damn finger print."
He said before cursing again.

"Well... There's a finger by your feet."
Mai mumbled lifting her head up.

"Ew."
Kirishima whispered as Bakugou lifted Keiji's disconnected finger from a pile of spit and blood. While being lifted up a few drops of the thick liquids trailed from it to the ground and Kirishima looked away.

Bakugou held it between his middle finger and thumb before wiping it on his dress shirt to clean it off. He pressed it against the thumb pad and they all waited in anticipation while it read the print.
Then it let out a beep and turned green, giving Bakugou access to all he needed.

He looked at the thumb for a moment, he cringed before sliding it into his pocket. As gross as it was, he knew he might need to use it again so he felt he better hold onto it.
Plus maybe his finger print and DNA was something the police could use in investigations and shit.

He tapped on the screen, leaving a little bit of red residue from the finger. He then found the controls linked to the restraints on both Kirishima and Mai. He pressed a button and with a click Kirishima was released.

He climbed out of his straps and the slack chains before walking over.

"Catch her."
Bakugou said and he nodded, walking to Mai and wrapping his hands around her.
She shuddered at his touch at first but then pressed her head against him.

The locks clicked and she dropped forward into his arms. He grunted but held her up.
"What about her jacket?"
He asked fiddling with the normal locks on it, keeping her arms restrained.
"And this thing?"
He asked nodding at the collar.

Bakugou shook his head.
"They're not on here, this probably only controls the shit attached to the wall."

"So what do we do?"
Kirishima asked setting Mai on her feet.

"We'll just have to wait, we need to leave as soon as possible. Maybe we'll get lucky and run into someone with the keys."
Bakugou said unlocking the door and blasting the single guard in the face.
"Let's go."