7

^^^
(Alma reference photo)

Mai felt a warm pounding through out her body. In order to take energy she had to break what she was stealing it from.
Taking it from a human would mean breaking the skin.
Taking it from a tree would mean ripping the bark.

A shriveled redwood stood in front of Mai.
It's energy pulsing through her veins.

"Now transfer it back."
Alma said from her spot behind Mai.
The angel did as she was asked and touched the broken bark. Pushing the energy out of her body and into the trunk.
The tree rebuilt itself as energy ran through it. The trunk became larger and less shriveled and the bark Mai broke began to heal.
"And how is this supposed to help me see?"
Mai said turning to her trainer.

"It won't be like seeing with your eyes. You'll be able to see like a bat."
Alma said and Mai felt a small bit of energy hit her body, it ran past and around her like a warm breeze.

"If you release small waves of energy out into the air and then call it back you can see your surroundings in detail. The manner in which they come back can create a picture in your mind."
Alma said.
"Releasing energy into the tree and then calling it back is a way to help you adjust to the energy coming and going."

Mai touched the tree.

"Focus when you call the energy back this time."
Alma instructed and Mai did as she was told.
She called it back and closed her blind eyes, waiting. The wave of energy hit her and a bit of gold danced in her mind.
And for a mere second she could see the tree.

It looked like a golden hologram, the details of the bark were fuzzed but she could feel and see the energy as it came back from the tips of the branches.
Like for a moment it had retained the shape and brought it back to Mai for her to see.

She took a step backwards and gasped covering her mouth.

"It won't work well for screens or printed paper. You can only see etched in details and the physical structure."
Alma said putting a hand on her angel's shoulder.
"When released out of the body into the air you won't see the inside structure, just the shell."

Mai's eyes watered for some unknown reason.
Why was she emotional? This was good right? She could see, only for a second but she could see.

"When you don't have extra energy this is impossible. But even a blade of grass contains energy. The moment you step on a plant you can absorb it's life force and use it.
A split second of sight during a battle can help you tremendously."
Alma wiped a tear from Mai's eye tenderly.
Mai nodded and rubbed her eyes.

It was overwhelming.
Going from complete darkness to a burst a golden images.

......................

"Oh my god I take it back!"
Denki said stuffing his face with chocolate.
"I love chocolate."

Ami giggled and held the box out to other students. It was an assortment of several different types of chocolate that she'd made.
Some were White, some had nuts or Cherrys.
All were delicious.

"Want one?"
She offered them to Shinsou.
He scoffed and waved her off.
"I don't want freinds."

Ami put a hand on her hip.
"Well these are just Chocolates, no strings attached."
She said holding the box out closer to his face.
"These have coffee in them~"
She said holding a darker one up.

The tired boy rolled his eyes and grabbed the chocolate.
"Whatever."
He said and she smiled broadly before skipping off.

"Kirishima! I have the cherry kind! Your favorite! And they match your hair!"
She said hand them over with a hopeful smile.
He took them with a bright smile.
"Thanks Ami!"
He said and she blushed.

Mina watched from a distance with a small smile. She could see this stuff from a mile away and it was obvious Ami liked Kirishima.
She knew Mai's death had been hard on him but he still needed to move on eventually.
Maybe Ami could help with that.

......................
Mai's energy vision explained!

Hello my smart chicken nuggets!
In case you were confused here is a explanation!

Mai sends out energy and it comes back like bats using sonar waves

It then comes back as an image.
But she can't see the color change so she won't be able to read unless there is a dent or rise in the paper!

So this is what we see:

And this is what Mai 'sees':

(I got the outline from Google and used an art app to make it "gold" so it didn't have a background

(I got the outline from Google and used an art app to make it "gold" so it didn't have a background.)

She can only see it for a split second per each wave and it will take a few seconds for the picture to come back, meaning it won't match exactly what is happening in that moment.

(Like if the audio in a video isn't syncing with the picture)

Any questions?