44

Ami walked down the street in her big baggy hoodie. She was off campus because students were permitted to leave during certain hours after classes as long as they filed a specific report on where they were going and when they'd be back. That paper also needed to be signed by a teacher.

Though the student's safety was important, the school couldn't exactly forbid the students from going outside and having normal lives.

Ami was leaving to buy essentials. Or what she veiwed as essentials. Ami had a lot of experience with heartbreak and knew what to get to make herself feel better.
So she was on her way to the closest convenience store.
It wasn't too far from UA, just right down the big mountain-like hill.
Ami huffed and puffed on her way to the store, hating herself every second. She hated how "boy crazy" she was, how easily she fell in love and often it hurt her.

But she couldn't help it.

It sucked, she has all these feelings. She wants to be loved and has so much love to give.
But no one wants it.

She pushed the door open and the bell attached gave a friendly ring that contrasted her inner thoughts greatly.
The person running the store gave a light "good morning" that Ami acknowledged with a smile and wave.
She was upset, but did want to punish the store clerk for it, it wasn't his fault.

She picked up a few personal items and snacks, and bought the corniest looking cheapest movie she could find. Her mom and sisters had this tradition where they'd bye random older movies they knew nothing about and watched them together, laughing all the way through.
It brought back good memories and made her feel better about everything.

Plus she always felt bad for them, well not the movies themselves but the people who worked so hard on them only for them to fail in theaters.

She grabbed one with a woman leaning against a handsome man's chest dramatically while looking back at Ami with a slightly frightened look on her face. (this isn't referencing an actual movie btw, I'm just making things up rn)

'Perfect.'
Ami thought to herself as she threw it in her basket and walked down the aisles to the candy aisle. While it wasn't as good as the chocolate from her family's store, she needed some more because she used the last she had in training against...

Mai.

Against Mai.
She felt slightly down again. Mai was so much better than her, and it sucked to get your ass kicked by someone you were infinitely jealous of.
While lost in thought she didn't even notice the bell jingle again as another customer walked into the store. She was lost in thought until she heard someone walk closer.

She looked up, and then straight back down.
'Oh. my. God.'
Ami didn't know exactly what it was about him, but he was probably the most attractive guy she'd ever seen.

She glanced up again as he walked over, into the aisle she was in. He stopped not too far away, but not too close either.
'Of course I had to look like absolute shit when a guy like this comes around-'

He was looking, his bright green eyes met Ami's as he looked over to see her staring at him. She looked away, her face redder than the hair of her temporarily forgotten Kirishima.
'Shoot me, shoot me, shoot me.'
She pleaded to every higher power.

This was weird because he definitely wasn't her type. She normally was always drawn to the soft nice guys that were her age.
This guy was obviously older, maybe not by much. But he definitely didn't look like he was still in highschool.
He was also... Well she could only assume because of his appearance that he was a trouble maker.
He had several pricings in his ears and two chains around his neck. His hair was a alarmingly bright green and so was his eyes.