Chapter 6: Grand Trial

It's currently morning. Ash and Kukui were eating breakfast, while Cloud was making food for Pikachu, Eevee and Rockruff as all three of them were crowded around him.

Cloud: Would you three calm down? See? I'm almost done.

Cloud turns the stove off as he was ready to serve them. The three of them started begging like dogs.

 The three of them started begging like dogs

Cloud: Here you go! Enjoy.

The three began eating quickly. Rockruff was the first one to burn its tongue.

Cloud: Oh, sorry, too hot for ya? My bad. Try eating it slowly from now on.

Rockruff: Rockruff...!

As Cloud was petting Rockruff, Kukui was reading the newspaper.

Kukui: Hey! Yesterday's events got into the paper.

Cloud: For real?

Rotom Dex: Let me see! "The work done by young Ash and Cloud who showed up together with the Island Kahuna Hala, was a sight to behold. Receiving assistance from Totem Pokemon Gumshoos and his companions, whom they fought against in an Island Trial, they successfully drove out the Rattata and Raticate that had recently been making a mess in town." 

Cloud: "It was mention that the two of them will be given a letter of thanks from Officer Jenny."?

Ash: Alright!

Cloud: Come on! We didn't even do all that much.

Suddenly: They hear the doorbell. Cloud goes up to open it and it was revealed to be Officer Jenny and Gumshoos.

Officer Jenny: Alola, Cloud!

Ash and Kukui walked out as well and saw Gumshoos.

Ash: Gumshoos?

Kukui: Oh, huh... Officer Jenny, when did you make a new friend?

Officer Jenny: Thanks to you guys, I was able to find an excellent partner.

Gumshoos: Gumshoos!

Rotom Dex: Gumshoos is a tenacious and patient Stakeout Pokemon. It has a 99.7 compatibility with Officer Jenny!

Officer Jenny: Cloud, Ash, you're both finally be taking on the Grand Trial today, right?

Cloud: That's right.

Officer Jenny: Do you want me to take you both in my car?

Ash: Alright!

Cloud: We appreciated.

Kukui: Did you come all the way here just for that?

Officer Jenny: Oh, I forgot! I have the letters of thanks for Ash and Cloud! On behalf of Melemele Island, I present you both with the symbol of gratitude for your actions.