Chapter 67: The Perfect Sharpness

At the Pokemon School, the class was outside for Kukui's next lesson.

Cloud: Fun fact, did you know that the falling meteors are actually the result of fights between Rayquaza and Deoxys?

Everyone: Huh?

Cloud: Yeah, sometimes, their attacks miss their intended target, which then lands on the meteors, pushing them right towards the Earth.

Ash: Seriously?

Mallow: Come on, Cloud. That's ridiculous! Everyone will take you seriously if you joke like that.

Kukui: Ahem!

Kukui: Today's lesson will be on

Kukui: Today's lesson will be on... using Pokemon moves to cut objects.

Ash: Really? Sounds fun!

Pikachu: Pika!

Cloud: Wait, is that a makiwara?

Kukui: Oh, you know of them?

Cloud: Swordsmen use it all the time to test their sword's cutting edge!

Kukui: Oh? I didn't know you were into those!

Cloud: Of course I do! Especially Samurais. They fight relentlessly with undying loyalty 'till the very end! They are the definition of "Reckless Bravery"!

Kukui: *Laughs* Well, as Cloud mention, these can be used to test a sword's cutting edge, so I thought I'd have you strike them with your Pokemon moves.

Ash raises his hand.

Ash: Right here! Let me try!

Kukui: Okay, Ash goes first.

Ash: All right! Now, if it's cutting moves you want... I choose you!

Ash throws a Poke-Ball into the air, calling out Dartrix.

Dartrix: Dar!

Ash: Dartrix, use Leaf Blade on that thing!

Dartrix: Dar... trix!

Dartrix rushes past the makiwara with Leaf Blade, but barely makes a dent in it.

Ash/Dartrix: ...O-O... Huh!?/Trix!?

Sophocles: It didn't cut at all.

Lana: Sturdy.

Mallow: I'm next. Tsareena! Magical Leaf!

Tsareena: Tsa... reena!

Tsareena fires multiple Magical Leaves at the makiwara, but not a visible cut.

Cloud: How tough is that thing?

Tsareena starts stomping on the makiwara angrily.

Kiawe: Now it's my turn! Let's go, Charizard!