Chapter 71: Super Full-Force Battle

It's now the second day of the Alola Pokémon League, and the first rounds of the final tournament were about to get underway.

Caster: Alola! Today is the start of the final tournament, and thousands of people have gathered here at Manalo Stadium to watch!

Ash: Go, Cloud!

Caster: It's time for the monumental first match! Contestants Cloud and Plumeria are entering the arena!

Both Cloud and Plumeria made their way out and stood across each other on the battlefield.

Caster: Bringing the Galar Region's competitive passion all the way to Alola, Cloud has cleared all four Grand Trials! He'll be facing the unknown Poison-type specialist Plumeria! The number of Pokémon allowed to be used is dependent on the amount owned by each trainer. This battle will be a 2-on-2!

Plumeria: Hey, you!

Cloud: Hm?

Plumeria: You've really gotten under our boss' skin. Don't get cocky just because you lasted 5 minutes against him.

Halu: Contestants, send out your first Pokémon!

Cloud: Go, Inteleon!

Throwing up a Poke-Ball, Cloud sends out Inteleon.

Inteleon: Intel!

Plumeria: I'll choose this one. Come forth!

Plumeria's first Pokemon is Salazzle, much to Inteleon's dismay.

Salazzle: Sazzle.

Inteleon: ...O-O...

Cloud: Oh, shite.

From the stands, everyone was watching while their Pokémon watched as well within the field.

Kiawe: This could be bad.

Cinderace: Aceburn!

They looked to see Cinderace in a cheerleader uniform cheering for Cloud.

Cinderace: Burn, burn! Aceburn!

Mallow: My! Cinderace looks so cute!

Lillie: Cloud told me she likes to wear that to cheer for Cloud during big events.