Chapter 29: A Determined Runaway

Cloud and Eevee were flying home on Charizard's back while still carrying the Cosmoem.

Cloud: Wait.

Charizard stops flying for a moment.

Charizard: Char?

Cloud: Turn back.

Eevee: Eievui?

Cloud: ...-_-... You both saw how desperate those two were to save their mother. 

Charizard nods before flying back to the mansion.

Cloud: Wait.

Cloud calls out Cinderace and gives them his bag containing Nebby and Cosmog.

Cloud: Make sure these two get home safely.

Cinderace: Ace!

(Later)

From above, Cloud finds Gladion and Lillie riding on Silvally away from the mansion.

Cloud: I knew it!

He then lands in front of them, stopping them in their tracks.

Lillie: C-Cloud!? I thought you went home.

Cloud: Call it a hunch. Where are you guys going this late at night?

Gladion: None of your business.

Cloud: You're going to search for a way to save your mother, aren't you?

Lillie: Y-Yes.

Gladion: Lillie!

Lillie: Oh! Sorry!

Cloud: Figures. But do you even have an idea of where to go.

Gladion: I do, actually. That's why we need you to move out of the way.

Cloud: You do? Great. Let's go, then.

Gladion just looked at Cloud annoyed.

Gladion: Didn't I tell you that this was a family matter?

Cloud: Last I checked Alola's all about sharing things, right? In that case, we may as well share this family matter as well.

Gladion: This has nothing to do with that.

Lillie: Big Brother, I think it would be better to let hi-

Gladion: Stay out of this, Lillie.

Cloud: I wanna save Lusamine, too. I wasn't able to stop the Ultra Beast from taking her away, so it's the least I can do. Let me help.

Gladion: I don't need your help, and besides, I still don't trust you.

Lillie: Brother!

Cloud: I get that you can't trust me, especially after what happened. But I'm not asking you to trust me, I'm asking you to let me help.

Gladion: Lillie, get down.

Lillie: Huh?

Gladion: Do it.

Lillie and Gladion jump off Silvally.

Cloud: Is that how you wanna do this?

Gladion: If you won't move out of the way, then we'll make you! Silvally, Air Slash!

Lillie: Wait!

Cloud: Match it!

Charizard steps forward as he and Silvally fire Air Slashes at each other, canceling out the other's attack.

Gladion: Crush Claw!

Cloud: Dragon Claw!

Both Charizard and Silvally proceeded rush forward, trading blows with Dragon and Crush Claws, before locking claws with one another.