Chapter 18: Crowning Truth

Currently, everyone was in the middle of extracurricular lessons at Wela Volcano, where the Wela Fire Festival was being held.

Ash: Wow... There's so many people and Pokémon here.

Rotom Dex: It's so lively!

Cloud: I heard about it while I was walking around. This is the Wela Fire Festival, right?

Kukui: That's right. It's a traditional festival that's been celebrated for over 100 years.

Cloud: 100 years? Talk about a long-time tradition.

Kukui: I want you to learn about Akala Island's culture and history while you enjoy this festival. That's going to be today's lesson.

Kiawe: This way, guys.

Kiawe began leading everyone through the festival.

Mallow: Kiawe's really excited about this, huh?

Sophocles: He told me he comes here every year.

Kiawe looks back at Ash and Cloud.

Kiawe: Ash, Cloud. Don't you want Litten and Charizard to grow stronger?

Ash: Huh? Litten?

Cloud: What'd you mean?

Olivia began speaking to everyone.

Olivia: Everybody! Today is the long-awaited day of Wela Fire Festival!

Everyone: Yeah!

Ash: Oh! It's Olivia!

Olivia: Let us thank Wela Volcano, nurturer of Akala Island, and let our passion burn!

Everyone: Yeah!

Ash: This is pretty awesome!

Pikachu: Pika!

Then a long line of trainers and their Fire Pokemon was formed. Watching from below, everyone could see Olivia placing a sort of rock crown on a Growlithe as it howled.

Lillie: Olivia has come here today to preform an assignment as part of her job as Island Kahuna, has she not?

Mallow: She's so cool!

Cloud: It's almost hard to believe she's the same woman who falls on her face every 5 minutes.

Mallow pouts at Cloud and elbows his arm.

Ash: Uh... What's she placing on it's head?

 What's she placing on it's head?