Chapter 48: A Full-Moon Battle

As Lunala flew through the Ultra Hole, being chased by the unknown jet black Pokémon, everyone looked completely shocked.

Cloud: What the sparks is that thing!?

Ash: Is that an Ultra Beast, too?

Burnet: It came from the Ultra Hole...So it must be.

The jet black Pokémon began sucking the energy out of Lunala, once again surprising everyone.

Burnet: The one absorbing Ultra Aura from across Alola... was that Ultra Beast, then. It's still absorbing Ultra Aura from Lunala as we speak.

Cloud: Not on my watch! Charizard!

Cloud hops on Charizard and fly into the conflict.

Mallow: Cloud, wait!

Lunala and the jet black Pokémon proceeded to fly in the direction of Melemele island.

Kiawe: Melemele Island is over that direction!

Lana: Oh no!

Lusamine: You must protect Lunala! Ultra Guardians, move out!

Everyone: Ult Roger!

Everyone got onto their Ride Pokémon, and they all flew off after Lunala and the jet black Pokémon. Upon catching to them, Cloud sees it still attacking Lunala.

Cloud: Dragon Claw!

Charizard charges at his opponent with Dragon Claw. The attack connects, but no visible damage is done.

Cloud: ...!?

Charizard is then pushed back by Black's Metal Claw. The others catch up and witness the struggle.

Lillie: Cloud! Lunala!

Gladion: Noivern, hurry!

Noivern: Vern!

Lunala began fighting back against the black Pokémon, hitting it with multiple Phantom Forces.

However, Black predicts where Lunala would appear and pushes it back with Psycho Cut.