Chapter 35: The Flames of Rivalry

At the beach near Kukui's house, Ash and Cloud were battling with Litten and Charizard.

Cloud: Charizard, Flare Blitz!

Charizard: Char!

Ash: Dodge it!

Charizard rockets forwards with Flare Blitz. Litten jumps to the side, barely dodging the attack.

Ash: Ember!

Litten fires an Ember at Charizard, who easily withstands it.

Cloud: Brick Break!

Charizard: Char!!!

Ash: Litten, use Fire Fang!

As the two proceed to clash, Litten starts biting on Charizard's wrist.

Charizard: ...-_-... Char...

Charizard then effortlessly shakes off Litten and smacks him to the ground.

Ash: Use Scratch!

Litten jumps up above Charizard to use Scratch. Then for a brief second, a jolt of electricity appeared on Litten's paw, which Charizard takes notice of.

Cloud: Charizard, use your tail!

Charizard slams Litten to the ground again, this time using his tail. Thus winning the match.

Cloud: And that's that.

Ash: Aw, man...

Cloud: Litten's gettin' better, though. Just keep at it.

Ash: Yeah, we will!

Charizard walks away after having enough.

Charizard: Zard...

Litten: Litten!

Charizard looks back and notices how frustrated Litten is from losing and being dismissed again.

Ash: Come on, Litten. I know you're frustrated, but let's keep training until-

Not letting Ash finish, Litten walks away angry.

Cloud: That little one will sure end up going to places, don't you think?

Charizard: ....

(Later)

After their training, Ash and Cloud and now watching TV, showing a Battle Royal fight in the Battle Dome.

A Trainer knows as Royal Mask was about to win his 20th match in a row with his ace Pokemon.

Ash Battle Royal?

Rotom Dex: It's a traditional sport in Alola. A free for all battle between four opponents.

Ash: Really? Sounds fun!