Chapter 72: Roaring Quarterfinals

The Alola League continues. After an explosive first battle between Cloud and Plumeria, it's time to decide on the next competitors to move to the next round. First up was Ash and Faba, with Meltan taking it's first ever win, winning the match against Faba's Hypno.

Next was Ilima and Kangaskhan taking on Guzma and Scizor, but despite undergoing Mega-Evolution, Kangaskhan ultimately falls to Guzma's ruthless tactics.

In the next match, Hau's Raichu uses speed to overtake Principal Oak's Exeggutor.

Next was Lana and Mallow's face off with Araquanid and Tsareena. After some words of of encouragement from Lana after Mallow wanted to give up, she continued to battle with it ending in a Z-Move clash, with Lana taking the win.

Next was Sophocles and Vikavolt against Mina and her Ribombee, and while Ribombee was powerful, it's no match for Vikavolt's Signal Beam, winning Sophocles the match.

After that, Kiawe and Marowak defeat Acerola and Rapooh the Gengar in a ghostly clash. Lastly, it is time for Lillie and Snowball to face off against Gladion and Umbreon.

Caster: Now, the 8th match is a sibling showdown! President Lusamine's son vs her daughter!

From the booth, Lusamine, Wicke, Burnet and Faba were all cheering at full-power for both Lillie and Gladion, much to the siblings' embarrassment.

Lusamine: Hooray, hooray, Lillie! Give it your best, Gladion!

Lillie: Oh, mother...

Gladion: Faba...

Cloud: Haha! What a fun family!

Within the stands, Kiawe had just made his way back up to everyone.

Kiawe: I made it!

Ash: It's just about to start!

Hapu: Battle, begin!

Lillie: Snowball, use Hail!

Snowball: Vul!

After a hard-fought battle, Umbreon came out on top.