Chapter 53: The Wind-Severing Lightning Bolt

A/N: Just like Zero, I've made the decision to give Lana a Vaporeon instead of an Eevee. I'm pretty sure, everyone expected Eevee to evolve down the line, but he never really did. Even in Journeys it was still an Eevee, which felt like a huge missed opportunity. The reasoning was that Eevee was supposed to represent the Let's go Eevee game. But I don't see how was Lana the right candidate to receive such honor.

As for the episode, it plays out the exact same, the only change is that at the end Cloud gave Lana the Water Stone he was holding onto and used to evolve Eevee, so nothing else changed.

Enjoy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a few days, with the only major thing of note is that Lana had caught a wild Eevee which she named Sandy, along with Cloud giving Lana the Water Stone he was holding onto to evolve Sandy into a Vaporeon. As well as Popplio learning Surf.

At Kukui's home, Cloud was reminiscing about the day of his previous trial.

Cloud: ....

Eevee walks up to him with a concerned look.

Eevee: Eievui...

Cloud: Don't worry, I'm fine. It's just...

Eevee: Vui?

Cloud: That day, we all got a little more than what we bargained.

(Flashback)

Several days ago, in Akala's Lush Jungle, Cloud was taking on the Lush Jungle Trial with Eevee and Poipole.

Cloud: Eevee, use Iron Tail!

Eevee: Vui!

Eevee charges at Lurantis with Iron Tail. Then a Fomatis fires an Energy Ball at Poipole.

Poipole: ...O-O... Poi, Poi!!!

Cloud: Poipole, dodge it!

Poipole couldn't react in time and gets blasted onto a tree.

Cloud: Poipole!

The two of them run up to check on Poipole.

Cloud: Hey, you okay?

Poipole: *In Tears* Pole...

Lurantis gets back up and let's out a roar.

Lurantis: LURA!!!

Cloud: Time to end this, Eevee!

Eevee: Eievui!

Cloud executes the Normal Z-Pose with Eevee mimicking his movements.

Cloud: Everyone, lend us your strength! Extreme Evoboost!

Eevee: EIEVUI!!!

Eevee lets out a roar that summons all the Eeveelutions, which then appear behind Cloud before lending their power to Eevee.